2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

11-win season?

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
L
Why do you constantly try manipulate what people say? STOP making **** up!!!!

I said, DEPENDING on how good the offense is, it could be a 9, 10, or 11 win season.

Is there a team on the schedule other than Clemson, that we are not capable of beating?

You tell me smart ***!!!

Advertisement
Yall make me laugh with the Joe crap.

If anybody commits, Mario and JT did it all.

If anybody doesn't commit, Joe takes the blame.

Cut the **** already. Its obvious that paying market rate NIL aint cutting it when you go 5-7. Look at UF and their garbage staff....they're overpaying big time right now and have a top class after a losing season.

NIL is fine. We need better than fine when you go 5-7.

Notice how a lot of them are committing in the summer too…

There’s a reason I’ve been borderline incessantly annoying about how important the summer is for recruiting now. I’m not just throwing warnings around because I want to and am impatient lol. We waited through May and June, it’s July and time to act.

Winning games is more important for the ‘25 class than it is for the ‘24 class. This fairy tale dream of us flipping 7-8 kids that matter after we win 10 games is hilarious. And that’s if we win 10…
At this point we’d have to make the CFP and have LT, Deen and Gore all projected to go 1st round to pull off the type of flips some fans are hopelessly counting on

Come on. Lightfoot is 62nd overall, Franklin is 45th overall, Jones is 165th overall and Russell is our developmental kid. Who cares what you heard the staff was aiming for. If you were in a coma for the past year and I woke you up in December and told you Miami signed three Top 150ish kids on the DL and another local kid who they identified early and took, that's disappointing? At the end of the day, this is a talent acquisition business, not an internet message board business. Do those 4 kids make your team better? And I think we all realize the ceiling for anyone in the HC office at Miami right now is somewhere in the low single digits. We're just not going to sign Top 5 classes, it's not possible right now. So are there 8-10 DL classes around the country that are better than Lightfoot, Franklin, Jones, and Russell? I would lean towards a hard no.

The goal was not top 10 DL class. The goal was top 2.

Advertisement
look man i like the optimism but we havent won 11 in over 20 years and mario has done it ONE time in his entire coaching career. lets just get to 9 wins again
Why do you guys all read into 11 wins as if I stated as an expectation of fact?

Read what I wrote. Read it again.

All I said is these are possibilities DEPENDING on how good our offense is.

I'll pose you the same question I did to another CIS member.

Is there a team besides Clemson that we are not capable of beating?

If the answer is none, then 9, 10, or 11 wins are possible. It may be low probability, but that depends on the offense and injuries likely next.

This is no Kool-aid talk. As I said, 8 wins is the floor for me. That's me holding Mario accountable to beat the teams we are supposed to beat. No repeat of last year losing to inferior opponents. That's step #1 of the rebuild. Everything else is gravy.

Beat the 8 teams you are supposed to beat.
Beat TAMU and/or UNC. 9 or 10 wins.
Beat FSU. 9, 10 or 11 wins.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Cut the **** already. Its obvious that paying market rate NIL aint cutting it when you go 5-7. Look at UF and their garbage staff....they're overpaying big time right now and have a top class after a losing season.

Yeah when I hear our NIL is in line with others I think
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I don't think winning make much difference for recruiting in the NIL era other than lowering the NIL cost.

People keep trotting out the same tired cliche: "The W/L record doesnt matter for any other school, it only matters for recruits interested in UM".

It is such obvious nonsense that it boggles the mind.
It’s the money and it’s obvious.

It’ll be a fascinating case study going forward about overpaying for NIL. 6-6 and most of that class sticks imo, a few flips but still Top 7. 5-7 or worse and we’ll see how many de-commits, it could be historical going against the ‘23 data…or some might stick for the $ (which would compound issues there as Billy would be on the hot seat going 5-7).

God forbid they go 7-5 or better with that schedule, then it’s a Top 5 class for sure.

Lots of outcomes, dangerous, potentially irresponsible and volatile game to play…but for now they have stud after stud committed and a few more on the way.

Advertisement
the staff was underwhelming imo. i said it last year that Oregon beat writers were saying that Joe cant recruit. i know we promoted taylor to make up for it but hes still green and not really proven as a College level coach (although hes an NFL HOFer). the areas we recruited well here are areas where our staff is proven (i.e. the OL where mario is known for developing kids and sending them to the league PERSONALLY). other than that, id say RB where we never had issues recruiting no matter the coach.
It’s easy to blame Big Joe and he certainly deserves his significant fair share, but defensive recruiting at every position is a fail or incomplete at best right now.

And should we really be that surprised? We knew coming in that Big Joe’s recruiting is bad; Addae struggled last year and is struggling again; JT while a big name as a player doesn’t have a track record in college and is selling off of what he himself did as a player not yet as a coach; and Guidry, even though we think he’s going to do well, doesn’t have a track record of success at major programs or a list of players he’s developed into NFL players. Particularly when you compare to the programs we’re trying to go toe to toe with, we probably shouldn’t be surprised that this staff is struggling to close with the top kids, especially when you factor in last year’s debacle.

Unless 1 of the 2 is Breland, based on what I was told the staff had set the bar at, it's a fail. Fans can make all the excuses they want, which plenty are, but the staff had extremely high expectations for this DL class. They know they are getting there **** pushed in right now.

What's funny is all the fans saying we should have never expected such an elite DL class. Why did the staff expect it than?
The staff set the expectations. With the info they were leaking and all the visits they invested in the spring. There is no excuses. You either get it done or keep losing. Simple. And like i said thats a judgement ill make in december..they looking like a drunk boxer right now. But we will see. No sugar coating if they strike out on these DTs

Come on. Lightfoot is 62nd overall, Franklin is 45th overall, Jones is 165th overall and Russell is our developmental kid. Who cares what you heard the staff was aiming for. If you were in a coma for the past year and I woke you up in December and told you Miami signed three Top 150ish kids on the DL and another local kid who they identified early and took, that's disappointing? At the end of the day, this is a talent acquisition business, not an internet message board business. Do those 4 kids make your team better? And I think we all realize the ceiling for anyone in the HC office at Miami right now is somewhere in the low single digits. We're just not going to sign Top 5 classes, it's not possible right now. So are there 8-10 DL classes around the country that are better than Lightfoot, Franklin, Jones, and Russell? I would lean towards a hard no.
In the real world that’s a really good haul but somewhere along the way expectations emerged that our DL recruiting this year would be in line with our OL recruiting last year.

Advertisement
Anyone truly certain that Lightfoot sticks? Taint gonna keep at him and considering our abysmal DL recruiting barring some miraculous turn of events he might jump ship I fear.
Why is it miserable? Don't players sign in December?

We are reaching for the best DL in the nation. You're not going to get them all. Neither is Bama, OSU, or UGA, etc. We have Lightfoot. We are likely in the lead for Franklin. Just follow the visits of how many times he's been on campus and he's going to the BBQ.

So, if we have those 2, we are half way there.

Losing recruits or flipping others, will depend on the outcome of this season.

Also, the word out is that we didn' lose Scott. Moma put her foot down and said she wanted him close to home. That was the deciding factor. Can't be upset about that.

As said by a moronic Twitter "insider" on the Bat Signal thread, it looks like we really are "batting .1000"

Another swing for the fences... Only to miss and strike out

scooby doo what GIF by Boomerang Official

Advertisement
Back