2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Advertisement
We can hope.
No TF we can’t! We can hope that he commits & eventually signs with the Canes but we’re not gonna hope he comes
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit The Button

Advertisement
Advertisement
Said it in the Plazz thread but while I do feel optimistic here, if Big Joe can’t keep a Samoan from going to Texas…the man can only hang onto the Mauigoa commitment for so long.
We just have 0 recruiting momentum and Texas is pulling kids all month as part of their class fill up.

If we had a better chance with Stone maybe but I think he’s signed sealed and delivered to OU.

Advertisement
Said it in the Plazz thread but while I do feel optimistic here, if Big Joe can’t keep a Samoan from going to Texas…the man can only hang onto the Mauigoa commitment for so long.
Regarding Mauigoa, I’ve said it before…. Big Joe’s brother was the HC for both of Mauigoa‘s older brothers in HS. Okland is very respected.

While still beyond impressive, I would say Mario/Mirabal had as much to do with Francis commitment as big Joe. Those connections just got their foot in the door.

Last edited:
Very, very disappointing (and alarming) if we can’t keep this kid from Texas IMO. Our need for his position, IMG and Poly connection, and how long we have been after him, if we can’t win here then big oof.
The room is wide open. It will be a bunch of questions marks going into the 24 season especially if LT56 leaves as expected. We arent just selling NIL here, the opportunity to play immediate is up for grabs, Miami should be an attractive landing spots for DTs this cycle.

Advertisement
I was told by a trusted insider that - to put it civilly - Nesta was encouraged to go elsewhere and the way it was put to me, my assumption was culture fit. I trust that insider. I’ve heard about bullying type stuff. We really could have used him so there was definitely an issue between him and the incoming staff
End of the day Nesta wasn’t saving last season from the **** show it turned into, if they felt it was better for him to leave I’ll trust the move.

The room is wide open. It will be a bunch of questions marks going into the 24 season especially if LT56 leaves as expected. We arent just selling NIL here, the opportunity to play immediate is up for grabs, Miami should be an attractive landing spots for DTs this cycle.
it was the same story last year and in the portal this year as well.. yet still just nabbed Horton and Deen from Purdue...

Advertisement
Back