2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

it’s funny! Go look at Utahs roster with the 330-340 pound DTs that are, wait for it, 3 stars or less that seem to clog their middle. Looking at the picture he is a big strong SOB and is needed.

NT is one of those positions that is undervalued by recruiting services. Edge rushers get all the love. But, there are only a handful of 300+ lb. DL ranked ahead of J. Jackson. Make no mistake, this kid is legit.

Advertisement
NT is one of those positions that is undervalued by recruiting services. Edge rushers get all the love. But, there are only a handful of 300+ lb. DL ranked ahead of J. Jackson. Make no mistake, this kid is legit.

I noticed that as well. Why do they shade the interior DL? Never understood it, because they are absolute game changers.

I noticed that as well. Why do they shade the interior DL? Never understood it, because they are absolute game changers.
I think it's because of where those guys tend to get drafted in the NFL. Not a lot of space-eating, true NTs getting drafted round 1 compared to edge rushers. They do the same thing to centers.

But I agree with you 100%. A big NT that can occupy space, take on doubles, and still won't be moved changes your entire defense.

Hearing good things here. Miami has him as a take and he has the green light. Of course helps with Stone, but they’d take regardless.

I’m told they do have Artavius Jones higher on the board, but that won’t stop them.

When I asked how many they would take on the DL, the actual reply was “all of them.”

From what I’m told, Mario wants to turn that room up to competition and doesn’t like the current body types inside.

Once you get to a certain number it doesn’t matter if you’d take them or not you will see natural attrition as recruits see the numbers and size things up for themselves, but they’re looking to cash in on the DL talent in this cycle, which is excellent.
This is all I needed to hear. Thank you for the intel, Lance!

I would be thrilled with Jackson. Keep bringing in those Poly/Samoans. Also nothing wrong with further strengthening the IMG pipeline. Hopefully we beat out OU for both him and Mitchell.
Same

This kid is a beast. I dunno if he develops into a first round type of player but he’s the type of kid we’ve lacked here for years. I like Moten a lot but I like this kid more.

Advertisement
When I asked how many they would take on the DL, the actual reply was “all of them.”

From what I’m told, Mario wants to turn that room up to competition and doesn’t like the current body types inside.

Once you get to a certain number it doesn’t matter if you’d take them or not you will see natural attrition as recruits see the numbers and size things up for themselves, but they’re looking to cash in on the DL talent in this cycle, which is excellent.

As I've stated numerous times, we're willing to take up to 10 guys on the dline to flip that room and get some dudes in there with who we brought in last year

Very interesting to watch this unfold. As D$ listed earlier, there are a ton of +1 guys on the board which lines directly up with the

"all of them"

and

"up to 10"

comments

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nesta was beating up players in the locker room because he didn't like how they didn't care after a loss.

This is facts coming str8 from D'Eriq Kings mouth

We NEED players like that
Always liked Nesta he just needed to be taught more moves. Manny probably ruined him too by never having the DTs two gap and play run defense better

Nesta was beating up players in the locker room because he didn't like how they didn't care after a loss.

This is so wrong lol. But we can agree to disagree.

Here’s what I have heard: Nesta was arguably the biggest cancer on the team. Top 5 easily. I’ve already mentioned without going into too much detail that he would routinely party all night, pick on teammates, and either not show up to practice or just quit when he wanted to because Manny had ZERO balls.

King isn’t going to trash his former teammates. You think Mario would just let a guy like Nesta walk away when DT was a major concern on this team? Not that Nesta is irreplaceable, but yeah.

He was basically asked to leave. If anyone wants to correct me, totally fine and would welcome the discussion.

Hmmmm, could’ve sworn Nesta was considered a cancer & was more bark than bite which frustrated teammates. And my memory could be fuzzy, but wasn’t it said he snitched on some teammates which caused a scuffle?

Advertisement
Hmmmm, could’ve sworn Nesta was considered a cancer & was more bark than bite which frustrated teammates. And my memory could be fuzzy, but wasn’t it said he snitched on some teammates which caused a scuffle?
I mean he probably was still a cancer to that locker room lol but yeah, this was said on a CanesSpace a few months ago. There was a few former(recent) Canes on there "spilling tea" about what was going on during their time. AR82 and Rosier was also on there. It was confirmed that Nesta was really putting paws on dudes because them boys was smiling and laughing after losses. And to everyone's surprise..... ROSIER was one of the few players putting paws on dudes as well.

This is so wrong lol. But we can agree to disagree.

Here’s what I have heard: Nesta was arguably the biggest cancer on the team. Top 5 easily. I’ve already mentioned without going into too much detail that he would routinely party all night, pick on teammates, and either not show up to practice or just quit when he wanted to because Manny had ZERO balls.

King isn’t going to trash his former teammates. You think Mario would just let a guy like Nesta walk away when DT was a major concern on this team? Not that Nesta is irreplaceable, but yeah.

He was basically asked to leave. If anyone wants to correct me, totally fine and would welcome the discussion.
I'm just telling you what I heard MULTIPLE former canes say out their own mouths. I didn't make this up.

I mean he probably was still a cancer to that locker room lol but yeah, this was said on a CanesSpace a few months ago. There was a few former(recent) Canes on there "spilling tea" about what was going on during their time. AR82 and Rosier was also on there. It was confirmed that Nesta was really putting paws on dudes because them boys was smiling and laughing after losses. And to everyone's surprise..... ROSIER was one of the few players putting paws on dudes as well.
We must've been soft as **** if Rosier was putting hands on people lol Wasn't he the guy that didn't watch film tho? Kinda doesn't add up?

Advertisement
Back