2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Mario and the staff:

200.gif

Since it’s Mario, it’s building the trenches.

If that was Al, it’d be digging for diamonds in the rough.

Advertisement
Not saying that we’ll run Russell off, but let’s see if he wants to stick around after being DT5 or 6 in the class…

You can’t say no to someone like McCray or Lindsay if four of Breeland, Scott, Stone, Franklin or Jackson (for example) want in, and Russell is clogging that chance up.

No way we drop Russell given what others have said in this thread; however, the staff might slow down communications if others jump onboard while other schools increase communication. That often leads to more discussions around Russell’s expected role and impact given the other DL commitments, which leads to “nah I ain’t riding the bench…I’m out!”

Last edited:
Not saying that we’ll run Russell off, but let’s see if he wants to stick around after being DT5 or 6 in the class…

You can’t say no to someone like McCray or Lindsay if four of Breeland, Scott, Stone, Franklin or Jackson (for example) want in, and Russell is clogging that chance up.
Exactly. He may not get kicked out but he may get an unspoken message of "all these guys in this class are ahead of you on our board". If he sticks, good. Mario doesn't seem to be worried about scholarship numbers.

Advertisement
No way we drop Russell given what others have said in this thread; however, the staff might slow down communications if others jump onboard while other schools increase communication. That often leaves to more discussions around Russell’s expected role and impact given the other DL commitments, which leads to “nah I ain’t riding the bench…I’m out!”
Russell is gonna be in this class for sure imo

I’m sure the kid is and was plenty aware of our DL recruiting before he committed here. The kid wants to be a Cane and we want him to be one, don’t think it needs to be more complicated.

Plenty of kids don’t care about playing time as much as they just want to be part of a program. I would ride the bench for 4 years if I had the chance to wear the U on my helmet.

People are always way too worried about numbers (not you just sorta saying in general)

Russell isn’t taking someone’s scholarship. We are gonna sign a bunch of DL. We shouldn’t worry about this stuff.

With the 25 IC limit lifted for one more year, there’s no reason to drop anybody if the staff likes them.

You just run off the dead weight on the roster to reach the 85 limit.
Yeah, after this cycle the roster will officially be fully flipped. Get everyone in that you can because going into the 24 season culture and roster will have been in place.

With the 25 IC limit lifted for one more year, there’s no reason to drop anybody if the staff likes them.

You just run off the dead weight on the roster to reach the 85 limit.
Exactly just get jags like Flagg to portal out
Still can’t believe he’s been able to stick around

Advertisement
Advertisement
Russell attends Columbus. I would be beyond stunned if Miami slow played him leading to him being dropped. Columbus means so much to Mario, Mirabal, and Highsmith. Especially Mario since he has the final call on all decisions.

As much as the staff has willed their way in the top 3-5 mix for a dozen of the best d-linemen, they are still far far away from having a numbers issue on their hands.

Advertisement
When is this kid visiting again?

I see zero reason to offer him prior to his visit if it’s in the next couple of weeks. He knows we’re super interested, knows he’ll get the offer if he passes the eye test and knows he has as good a chance as anyone to earn starting reps. A guy with his arm strength will thrive in the vertical concepts Dawson specializes in. And even if Brown or Williams blows up into a super star, Jackson is young enough to be spaced out to start after they go pro.

The potential fit couldn’t be better.

I see zero reason to offer him prior to his visit if it’s in the next couple of weeks. He knows we’re super interested, knows he’ll get the offer if he passes the eye test and knows he has as good a chance as anyone to earn starting reps. A guy with his arm strength will thrive in the vertical concepts Dawson specializes in. And even if Brown or Williams blows up into a super star, Jackson is young enough to be spaced out to start after they go pro.

Que?

Hey bud, I'm assuming the ads and website freezing got you here and took you into the wrong thread.

This thread is Jackson the DT.

Advertisement
Back