Jayden Gibson

He's a big Canes fan from what I've been told. Not too big on UF at all.
Per Orlando Sentinel following UF offer:

The Gators are the 30th Football Bowl Subdivision program to offer Gibson a scholarship. The others include FSU, Miami and UCF, but he said none of them stand out at this point.

“Nah, I do things off of logic, so getting the offer, yes I’m appreciative and I’m very excited, but I have other options that I’m excited about, as well,” Gibson said. “I have to see which one is going to pay off the best and make sure I don’t make any decisions based off emotions.
“All my decisions are based off of facts and what I feel is going to put me in the best position ... for me and to help my family.”

Advertisement

The Gators are the 30th Football Bowl Subdivision program to offer Gibson a scholarship. The others include FSU, Miami and UCF, but he said none of them stand out at this point.

“Nah, I do things off of logic, so getting the offer, yes I’m appreciative and I’m very excited, but I have other options that I’m excited about, as well,” Gibson said. “I have to see which one is going to pay off the best and make sure I don’t make any decisions based off emotions.
“All my decisions are based off of facts and what I feel is going to put me in the best position ... for me and to help my family.”

Translation -- we have a shot if he's projected in the Top 10-20 program range. If Bama, Clemson. Oklahoma or Taint send the helicopter, we're out of the running.

Does this sound like a happy meal coming?

Advertisement
We’ve seen too many times that legacy doesn’t hold as much weight as asssumed.
Kids starting to get attention and wants the big offers. In this case parents and Gators are going to be a factor. Projecting him in the class right now (even though it’s fun) is sending false hope. We 100% don’t lead but he has interest but it’s at the infant stage

Last edited:
Advertisement
That being said my new intel says that I think we do lead. Still long recruitment, and now FSU is pushing (not scared about that).
Thanks for the updates! Really want this kid. Reminds me of Danario Alexander from Mizzou. He never panned out in pro’s but he was a monster for Mizzou with Gabbert and Yost.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back