Jayden Bonsu Commits to O$U... Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
D824B6DA-09E7-468A-AA76-82C6D684077B.gif

Advertisement
That's a pretty narrow opinion. Edgerrin James was a star, yet he wasn't an All American. So was Otis Anderson. Same with Jim Kelly and Michael Irvin. And I can go on.
Edge was drafted ahead of Heisman winner Ricky Williams. My uncle took me to a draft party at Joe Robbie and I’ll never forget the whole place explode when Edge was taken ahead of Ricky.

Advertisement
Lmfao since you acting like a groupie Laron Landry was trash Eric Weddle was trash Michael Griffin was trash and Reggie Nelson was trash. Kenny Phillips was better than all of them and definitely Brandon Meriweather.
What are you talking about? A groupie? Use your big boy voice when you talk to me.

Those were the elite safeties in CFB. They were the award winners and all Americans. Phillips wasn’t trash, I’m not saying he was garbage. But he wasn’t elite either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I see pretty reasonable defenses and takes on why people are concerned with Addae and his recruiting. How about the other side? If you’re giving the “come on, man” or negative emoji treatment, what’s your logic besides to advise not to be a *****. I’ll hang up and listen
I’ll just use a name. Antione Jackson. Top 100 kid ‘24 DB. A UM legacy that was committed to UGA. Now he’s committed to Miami. Those in the know may have more information about that recruitment and whose ultimately responsible.

From the outside that relationship appears to suggest that Addie doesn’t need a block G on his polo.

Advertisement
Williams was because of Covid yeah?
Yea forgot about that UGA was recruiting him hard. On the other hand UF was the only one recruiting Taylor hard and he's taking 3rd team reps. I hope he turns it around but I do trust UGAs DB evals. My bad OT but I do want to see us land elite safeties that the blue bloods want and elite corners. First round ready guys

Elite DBs don’t win titles alone. We need elite DL and OL more importantly
Agree but if u get to the playoffs and start seeing teams with equal OL and DL those outside guys have to be elite. Especially assuming u play the Bamas and UGAs of the world. U saw the natty.....two wrs hurt and UGA took over with a QB who's trash against a Heisman winning QB and a possible top 5 pick.

Advertisement
I mean he kind of has a point. There's no need to go doom and gloom...but for how strong of a recruiter he was at UGA...where are the results? Where's the board?

We only have a developmental guy in the class right now for CB, and we're heading into mid-August; now I'm sure that'll change and like with other positions, we will hear names pop up out of nowhere. But...we have virtually nothing in the DB room right now. If we don't land Bonsu, we've struck out on at least our top two safety targets. It's just a fact, and a consequence of recruiting against the big boys.

However, it's ok to voice that a guy who we perceived to be near the top of the recruiting power rankings not just at Miami, but in the country...isn't living up to those expectations (yet).

Now, what he did with our DB room in the Spring game, that's **** good; and I expect the unit to take a significant leap in the right direction in 2022. I'm just merely suggesting the reasons behind being disappointed with his recruiting thus far.

He better not fck around cause Corey Raymond gonna be looking for a job next year…

Yea forgot about that UGA was recruiting him hard. On the other hand UF was the only one recruiting Taylor hard and he's taking 3rd team reps. I hope he turns it around but I do trust UGAs DB evals. My bad OT but I do want to see us land elite safeties that the blue bloods want and elite corners. First round ready guys
Oh for sure my man I couldn’t agree more

With all the types we have in SFLA it’s baffling really

We got a little lucky with the Tae/JW/Kinchens deal so hope we can maximize that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back