Jayden Bonsu Commits to O$U... Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
His DB’s have improved vastly at every stop he’s been. His coaching ability can’t really be denied. Elite.

Might be overrated as a recruiter. That’s ok. He’s a stopgap. The need to get better/tougher fundamentally is way more pressing than quick infusion of talent.
You should be able to recruit and develop at Miami

Advertisement
It’s why I’m always weary of just hiring position coaches from places like Bama/UGA etc, it’s really hard to tell exactly how good they really are as recruiters at Powerhouse programs like that.

You could pretty much just take a Goldfish & slap a Bama/UGA sticker on the side of its tank & it would still sign a bunch of 4/5-star players at whichever position.

I’m waiting to see what the product on the field looks like & how the class finishes out, but it will be interesting to see what happens next offseason; Mario’s staffs usually have quite a bit of turnover from season to season.
I personally don’t see it with him. Gattis is the OC so I’ll give him more of a pass (and he’s landed two very good WR prospects) but Addae is the weak link of the staff right now when it comes to recruiting if we are being honest

Cane Lock.

If not, Slow Midget with Hands of Stone.
Excited Lets Go GIF

It’s why I’m always weary of just hiring position coaches from places like Bama/UGA etc, it’s really hard to tell exactly how good they really are as recruiters at Powerhouse programs like that.

You could pretty much just take a Goldfish & slap a Bama/UGA sticker on the side of its tank & it would still sign a bunch of 4/5-star players at whichever position.

I’m waiting to see what the product on the field looks like & how the class finishes out, but it will be interesting to see what happens next offseason; Mario’s staffs usually have quite a bit of turnover from season to season.
I’m a bit nervous with him… have mentioned this to folks privately

Advertisement
I personally don’t see it with him. Gattis is the OC so I’ll give him more of a pass (and he’s landed two very good WR prospects) but Addae is the weak link of the staff right now when it comes to recruiting if we are being honest
Are we being honest though because 5 months in he has a top 150 prospect and he isn't meeting your time table or providing you his board?

The bias is kinda obvious

Dam the #130 prospect in the nation just got tossed the side and described as a mere developmental guy lol.
The definition of him being listed as an athlete means he's developmental; otherwise, he'd be a CB. Does he possess traits that screams solid DB at the next level? Absolutely. Is he a pure corner? No.

His DB’s have improved vastly at every stop he’s been. His coaching ability can’t really be denied. Elite.

Might be overrated as a recruiter. That’s ok. He’s a stopgap. The need to get better/tougher fundamentally is way more pressing than quick infusion of talent.
Its both, we need elite talent for the future and development for the current players. We don't win anything with average DBs and no coach magically makes them elite

Addae sounds very intelligent in interviews. I'm sure he's making significant efforts on the recruiting trail (it's a must if you want to work for Mario). We do need to win more of the DB battles going forward for sure. How many of the elite DBs remaining are waiting all the way until the end before making a decision? Do we need to reserve judgment until signing day?

Advertisement
I see pretty reasonable defenses and takes on why people are concerned with Addae and his recruiting. How about the other side? If you’re giving the “come on, man” or negative emoji treatment, what’s your logic besides to advise not to be a *****. I’ll hang up and listen

We've done more than alright over time recruiting Safeties:

• 5-star stud James Williams (will be a star)
  • Top-ranked Safety in his class (Tae)
  • Kam Kinchens (can't recall his ranking but most on here Approve highly of Kam)
  • The best safety to ever play the position (the great ST)
  • The 2nd best safety to ever play the position (Ed Reed)
  • Bennie Blades (UM HOF and all pro type NFL player) & a long list of absolute studs at that position

Yes, it's one of the positions this year that we'd like to see a little more recruiting momentum on, but the narrative that we have struggled or will struggle to recruit at this position is a little mind-boggling given the above. We've recruited at an extraordinary level at that position (can't get much better in fact than the #1 recruit at that position).
So Ed Reed (1998) and Sean Taylor (2001).

Then 21 years later James Williams, Kam, and Avantae.

But we’ve done alright? What about 2001-2021?

Advertisement
Deon Bush, Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter, Ray Ray Armstrong, Jaquan Johnson, S redwine, Kenny Phillips

Plenty of NFL safeties
None of them stars at Miami. They are canes and I love them. But no All Americans, no award winners, and no All-ACC. The better college safeties went elsewhere. That’s the point of the thread I commented on. He said recruiting the safety position has been fine….he’s wrong.

Advertisement
None of them stars at Miami. They are canes and I love them. But no All Americans, no award winners, and no All-ACC. The better college safeties went elsewhere. That’s the point of the thread I commented on. He said recruiting the safety position has been fine….he’s wrong.
Kenny Phillips was a freshman all American and 2 times all-ACC

Edit: jaquan was 2nd team all American and 2nd team all ACC

Kenny Phillips was a top 2-3 safety in the country and 1st rd pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back