Jay Toia DT USC Transfer as A UM Prospect

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blows my mind we have a famous Polynesian player in Dwayne Johnson who is still very much a household name and we struggle to get these kids to look our way

Advertisement
I know this D likes to shoot gaps and get into the backfield but this kid causes chaos. If he can push a QB even slightly from their preferred launch point or DE's would EAT.

Advertisement
I know this D likes to shoot gaps and get into the backfield but this kid causes chaos. If he can push a QB even slightly from their preferred launch point or DE's would EAT.
Exactly. Our D really thrives when we have a dominant force at DT. There is no secret our D looked IMO, the best when we had Willis moving the QB around even if he wasn't getting sacks.

Advertisement
You mean the part that is, verbatim, what I said?

If not, I am unclear what you refer to.

Maybe you should re-read the tweet?
My apologies, when reading your response I thought you yourself were omitting Miami from the DT’s tweet.

With that being said I don’t think it’s all that foolish to get hopes slightly up.
Manny’s had success with transfers/recruits from the west coast recently.
We also have a reputable track record for defensive line success.
I don’t see us landing him being far fetched. Not that that’s what you’re implying just an additional $.02

That was Mike Wyche he was a Juco kid that was considering UM and USC.

Go Canes
Good to see he is doing something helpful and worthwhile. When I said he was a "dud", he really didn't live up to promise on the field. I don't remember much production from him. Did he even start a game?

Advertisement
Back