2023 Jaxon Howard 2023

Advertisement
Not exactly shocking news, but 247 has now officially moved him from ATH to Edge.

I think it's pretty evident that we, and I'm sure everyone else, is recruiting him for the defensive side of the ball. But the recruiting database now officially confirms it, he is listed as an Edge, and is now 96th overall in the country, the 11th ranked edge, and the #1 player in Minnesota.

Not exactly shocking news, but 247 has now officially moved him from ATH to Edge.

I think it's pretty evident that we, and I'm sure everyone else, is recruiting him for the defensive side of the ball. But the recruiting database now officially confirms it, he is listed as an Edge, and is now 96th overall in the country, the 11th ranked edge, and the #1 player in Minnesota.
On the average, D-ends make a lot more money in the league than TE’s, and get drafted higher. I’m confident our coaches have explained this to the young man.

Nice. Confident we get him. Finger and toes cross.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A week ago, I may have felt best about Miami’s chances to land Howard out of this group. I feel least confident of the three now. LSU is a team to watch with the opportunity to play SEC football and develop under Jamar Cain. Michigan and Minnesota are closer to home and present promising options as well. I’m not ready to write off Miami considering the long-standing relationship, the fact that they got this last visit, and the relationship that his father Willie and Joe Salave’a have. I just don’t believe this to be swinging in Miami’s favor as much as previously anticipated.

Gabby

A week ago, I may have felt best about Miami’s chances to land Howard out of this group. I feel least confident of the three now. LSU is a team to watch with the opportunity to play SEC football and develop under Jamar Cain. Michigan and Minnesota are closer to home and present promising options as well. I’m not ready to write off Miami considering the long-standing relationship, the fact that they got this last visit, and the relationship that his father Willie and Joe Salave’a have. I just don’t believe this to be swinging in Miami’s favor as much as previously anticipated.

Gabby
F**k!

Gabby

Damnit.

Advertisement
It's always been an LSU/Miami battle. A few weeks ago I would have said all cane but LSU has made up ground. Kind of the same deal with Brown.,

A week ago, I may have felt best about Miami’s chances to land Howard out of this group. I feel least confident of the three now.
Not liking the trends here. Very unusual to trend the wrong way immediately after us having the final visit. Who were the other two Gabby was referring to?

Advertisement
Not liking the trends here. Very unusual to trend the wrong way immediately after us having the final visit. Who were the other two Gabby was referring to?
Maybe didn’t hear NIL numbers he was hoping to get

Either way tough loss but that’s why you keep a big board with more than 1 kid who can be a starter/contributer

Listening to CIS Podcast with Coach Duasso now, he say's 9 times out of 10, you should close if you have the final visit with a kid that's really interested and the percentages with Mario should be even higher. Hoping Howard isn't in the 10% that defy the odds.

Note: Coach D was talking about Rashada in particular but the percentages he threw out were general.

Advertisement
Back