Official Javion Cohen and the OL Mentality

He knows what “it” looks like and he knows what a REAL 5* kid looks like. He is the undisputed alpha of the OL. So I’ll take him at his word all day. He will be the 2nd best portal transfer we have ever had. (jaelon Phillips) . I really believe he will dominate ACC play and bring the rest of the guys along with him

Advertisement
In an interview with Ferman's ON3 site, Cohen had some encouraging things to say about the mentality of the OL ..

“A lot of the guys who played last year progressed now to this year,”. “We have this mentality of go get the job done. All of us are progressing as a unit, and it’s really nice to see."

“It’s going to be very tough to get a sack on us this year. That’s the standard. We want that No. 9 (QB Tyler Van Dyke) jersey clean, no need to put it in the wash. That’s our goal, our standard and that’s what we’re going to play to.”

“I see the whole group stepping up. All of us have really taken a big leap from spring, really pushing the standard. Trying to process the whole University of Miami to where we want it to go.”

On Francis and Sampson: “They both are 5-star people first and foremost, great guys and positive workers. They have the lowest body fat on the offensive line. They are ahead of their time, two pros and will take over this city. The most advanced I’ve ever seen (as true freshmen). They are top tier freshmen in this country.”

"Us as a team this year, our focus is take it one game at a time, one play at a time. And we can surpass our own standards regardless of anyone else’s standards on the outside. We want to beat ourselves (regarding expectations) every day.”

Bama mentality.

Feels good to have some absolute monsters on the o-line
Auburn struggled last year but they always seem to have some dudes on the DL. Cohen was named player of the week by Bama in that game he didn’t allow a pressure, hit, or sack, which he accomplished (if the stats are correct) in 4 SEC games

Pretty impressive

Dude has like 25 starts under his belt and was really effective at the highest level.. I know the center gets alot of love, but Cohen is a huge piece and steal for us also, even hearing the dude speak back in spring its like this is what we need more of.. You see it in his interviews and his plays on field against top teams

PS: looking for this video, saw thumbnail of rueben bain from spring, lol.. dude has transformed

That was inspiring and what has been missing here for too long. The thing that really strikes me about Cohen is that he has done it before at a high level and he knows what greatness looks like. First time for me hearing Javion in an interview and he has become one of my favorite players on this team.

.... One question. Cohen mentioned an OL who he refers to as CC. Who is that? Is it Mauigoa?

Advertisement
That was inspiring and what has been missing here for too long. The thing that really strikes me about Cohen is that he has done it before at a high level and he knows what greatness looks like. First time for me hearing Javion in an interview and he has become one of my favorite players on this team.

.... One question. Cohen mentioned an OL who he refers to as CC. Who is that? Is it Mauigoa?
Yea thats his Mauigoa's nickname

I've noticed a similar kinda talk from Rivers. I like it. Just show me is all.
It’s hard to get a good gauge on depth chart from last year and first one or two players off the bench but:

Campbell
Rivers
Clark
Oluwaseun
Scaife

Traore/Washington/Sagapulo off the bench etc

To perhaps

Rivers
Cohen
Lee
Cooper
Mauigoa

Okunlola/McCoy/Kinsler off the bench etc

That’s some serious upgrades, but of course agreed on the “show me” part but that’s starting to look like how it should be

Javion is impressive both as a player and a representative for the University. Great to see him taking a leadership role & expressing confidence in his Unit. They should have lofty expectations because there are likely:

• three (3) future first rounders on that line (albeit two of them are young); and

• 3-4 others that could be drafted in the first few rounds of future drafts.

TVD should have a very strong season with time to throw.

Our RBs must be excited about the prospect of absolute maulers like Francis & Cohen creating monstrous holes for them to run through. Citizen, Chaney, Allen, Chris Johnson & Mark Fletcher (among others) should rip off quite a few long runs this year. I hope the OL really brings it every game.

Advertisement
Did you hear TVD on ACC Huddle today, said Cici and Sampson weigh 340. Assume a little high for effect, butt ****

In an interview with Ferman's ON3 site, Cohen had some encouraging things to say about the mentality of the OL ..

“A lot of the guys who played last year progressed now to this year,”. “We have this mentality of go get the job done. All of us are progressing as a unit, and it’s really nice to see."

“It’s going to be very tough to get a sack on us this year. That’s the standard. We want that No. 9 (QB Tyler Van Dyke) jersey clean, no need to put it in the wash. That’s our goal, our standard and that’s what we’re going to play to.”

“I see the whole group stepping up. All of us have really taken a big leap from spring, really pushing the standard. Trying to process the whole University of Miami to where we want it to go.”

On Francis and Sampson: “They both are 5-star people first and foremost, great guys and positive workers. They have the lowest body fat on the offensive line. They are ahead of their time, two pros and will take over this city. The most advanced I’ve ever seen (as true freshmen). They are top tier freshmen in this country.”

"Us as a team this year, our focus is take it one game at a time, one play at a time. And we can surpass our own standards regardless of anyone else’s standards on the outside. We want to beat ourselves (regarding expectations) every day.”

Advertisement

Time to walk the walk now that he’s talked the talk. Hype or no hype, that may be the very best news I’ve heard all off-season. Dudes putting his nuts on the line fo sho!! If this unit is as good as he thinks it is. We’re going to finally be having some fun winning games once again. I love the sound of that too!! That article got me a little pumped up! Thanks for posting OP!

Let’s Go Canes!!

Doesnt It Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Everyone talks about Lee’s leadership but one guy isn’t enough. Stacking guys like Lee and Cohen is how you get a mentally strong locker room. Glad they’re setting the example for the awesome freshmen OL class we brought in.

Really excited to see the OL this year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back