2023 Javien Toviano, 5 star CB Offered

Advertisement
A&M had no problem getting the best class in history as an Adidas school... Naturally I prefer Nike but Adidas is not the problem
The bolded word is where your post collapses. This program has had many problems over the last two decades. Facilities, administration, coaches, staff size, attrition, player development, culture, and even branding. The problems have been many.

Nobody said Adidas was the sole problem, a huge problem, or even a problem that can't be blunted with heavier bags (like TAMU allegedly did). But if Nike can get me even 1 more recruit than Adidas and have more kids buying/wearing our gear, then bring me Nike. It's simply another area for marginal improvement.

Advertisement
Some folks say their cleats/footwear are overrated.
GIF by Snowfall

Advertisement
You know what’s not overrated? The extra sales and income the brand generates for programs vs Adidas. @Rellyrell touched on this in the podcast with @LeedsCane

This is true but the issue/question is what's better - jumpman or nike?

Jumpman has the panache but not sure the equipment is better than non-jumpman nike.

What say you, @Rellyrell ?

A&M had no problem getting the best class in history as an Adidas school... Naturally I prefer Nike but Adidas is not the problem

Anomaly, my boy.

Listen my guy, whenever a team avg. 8 wins/yr since 4ever & winds up signing the #1 CFB class in history, trust me when I say it don’t matter what brand that school is repped by, something is a little fishy. I’m not saying Blue Whale Fishy, but definitely Orca fishy. Lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nike vs Adidas is a bigger problem in basketball recruiting than it is in football.

That used to be the case, and mostly it still is due to the AAU circuits, but now these giants r infiltrating the HS football circuits.

I like how Adidas fought back; but basically they r a watered down version of Nike, and I don’t mean that in a derogatory sense. What I mean is that, it’s kinda like when Reggie Bush & Ye moved on to females that looked like Kim K, but weren’t Kim K. When Adidas was struggling, part of the epic return to #2, & snipping at Nike’s heels was, for a lack of better phrases, “stealing” Nike’s top designers, top collaborates, & also designs & ideas. It went unchecked for a while, which is the time we came on board. (I sent a PM to poster here showing the legal proceedings of several patent infractions that Adidas violated of Nike, including but not limited to Adidas’ “Primeknit” which is a copycat of Nike’s Flyknit.”)

Anyways, Adidas started putting emphasis on the AAU circuits to make inroads w/ youngins, along w/ overpaying for some of Nike’s former athletes. However, due to lawsuits, athletes not performing or being faces liked they hoped, Ye making comments on Nike gear (including posting IGs on Nike gear), the momentum halted.

Adidas has their three stripes camp, Rivals have their 5 star camp, but EVERY top HS FB player hope to be invited to The Nike Opening b/c that’s the crème de la crème of football camps, & while there, they treat these lil jits like royalty which makes a huge impression.

Anomaly, my boy.

Listen my guy, whenever a team avg. 8 wins/yr since 4ever & winds up signing the #1 CFB class in history, trust me when it don’t matter what brand that school is repped by, something is a little fishy. I’m not saying Blue Whale Fishy, but definitely Orca fishy. Lol
Facts. Same thing happened with Freeze and ole miss.
30 million for a recruiting class and TAMU could be rockin Pony and they’d still be tops.
1653496868112.jpeg

This is true but the issue/question is what's better - jumpman or nike?

Jumpman has the panache but not sure the equipment is better than non-jumpman nike.

What say you, @Rellyrell ?

Nike is the parent, & Jumpman is their cool, rockstar son. Jumpman has high quality products & placement. Since Jumpman is supposed to represent the image of The GOAT, they make sure those on their brand r taken care of (b/c it’s a reflection of The Man.)

I would prefer Jumpman simply b/c I like their off field gear better, it resonates a bit more w/ younger kids, & it’s considered the elite part of Nike. Athletes like Luka moved over from Nike to JB, along w/ Tatum, Westbrook, Andre Johnson, CJ2K (b4 the injuries), J Landry, etc. It’s a select group of teams, players that get that calling to carry on #23’s legacy.

Plus, the Miami Heat has that man’s # retired, and JB is connected from Central FL down to So Fla, so that would be an obvious match, imo. It’ll elevate our sales of merchandise by 3 fold vs. 2, imho.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Facts. Same thing happened with Freeze and ole miss.
30 million for a recruiting class and TAMU could be rockin Pony and they’d still be tops.
View attachment 187053

Yeah; I don’t give af what u rocking when u paying that type of bread out. When Ole Miss was snagging 5 star after 5 star, I wasn’t like…oh, it’s Nike. Lol. It was, OH, THEM MOFOS IS CHEATING! Lol. Nike, Adidas, Converse, Penny Loafers; when kids r making $400k+/per, I’m committing too. Lol. That’s a nice savings, especially if NFL don’t work out. Oh!! And they can transfer anytime, too. Lol

Nike is the parent, & Jumpman is their cool, rockstar son. Jumpman has high quality products & placement. Since Jumpman is supposed to represent the image of The GOAT, they make sure those on their brand r taken care of (b/c it’s a reflection of The Man.)

I would prefer Jumpman simply b/c I like their off field gear better, it resonates a bit more w/ younger kids, & it’s considered the elite part of Nike. Athletes like Luka moved over from Nike to JB, along w/ Tatum, Westbrook, Andre Johnson, CJ2K (b4 the injuries), J Landry, etc. It’s a select group of teams, players that get that calling to carry on #23’s legacy.

Plus, the Miami Heat has that man’s # retired, and JB is connected from Central FL down to So Fla, so that would be an obvious match, imo. It’ll elevated out sales of merchandise by 3 fold vs. 2, imho.

For the record, I would love to be a jumpman school b/c that group is very small in CFB.

Howevah, I have heard through the grapevine that the skill position shoes from Jumpman are "meh" from people who use them. No idea how true that is or if it's a widely held sentiment.

Plus, the Miami Heat has that man’s # retired, and JB is connected from Central FL down to So Fla, so that would be an obvious match, imo. It’ll elevated out sales of merchandise by 3 fold vs. 2, imho.
Praise The Lord Applause GIF

Advertisement
Back