Jason Whitlock on Golden(5 years ago)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well you could have listen'd to Whitlock or just watched golden his first few games and new he wasn't worth a dime.

At the time, Golden wasn´t a bad hire. But the one major concern that a select few voiced was that he always struggled against teams with similar talent. Of course even the folks pointing out their concerns didn´t want to believe he was going to fail. But the evidence was there to see.

The whole "success at Temple" angle was, at closer inspection (and certainly with hindsight), a mirage. Golden did a good job of recruiting and identifying talent (something he has, up to a certain point, proven he can do here). Then, he went and beat up on the worst teams in the conference while simultaneously scheduling even worse OOC teams. Voila, miracle turnaround at Temple. Kudos to the guys who said it back then. Wish I remembered who you were, would +rep to oblivion.

My apologies for ever defending Al. Clearly dude always sucked. But we had Donna and what else could we expect?

Yeah yeah yeah. Ive heard all this sh*t before. Bottom line is, Golden turned around the WORST team in Division I football, and made them actually competitive. And for all the "anyone could have done that" bullsh*t, why didnt they? Temple hired dudes with NFL experience, and for DECADES had been rolling through coaches, and yet it took THIS guy to finally get them moving forward.

He's obviously not Nick Saban or Pete Carroll, but we could never afford those guys anyway. Jimmy Johnson wasnt Jimmy Johnson when he came here. Our only hope was an up and coming hungry young competent coach who could rebuild this program with the talent available in SoFla, and develop his greatness, as he developed our greatness.

Nitpicking bullsh*t from the MAC. Whoopie do. People can go back and bag on all kids of sh*t Saban did at MSU. Every young coach has problems.

This guy bought into the pillars

Advertisement
so why did Temple suck donkey balls for 30+ years prior to Golden?
As far as I could tell Philly has always been a big city.
Did Temple decide to spend more when they hired Golden?
I dunno, I have a hard time taking anyone who down plays the quick turnaround Temple had under Golden seriously.
And the not winning the MAC is nit picking. Dude won 9 games his 4th year at Temple.

I remember this farquat!

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

OP called it. I wanted it to work... Blinded by the love for the U. But Vern saw it coming. We've had the talent to at least compete with the top tier in the ACC. Unacceptable homies

DAm just listened to all 4 podcast...Whitlock was pinpoint accurate on every single thing about Golden... Its freaky

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, wait...is someone saying Golden isn't a good coach, and we have to dredge up years old threads to prove it?

Yeah yeah yeah. Ive heard all this sh*t before. Bottom line is, Golden turned around the WORST team in Division I football, and made them actually competitive. And for all the "anyone could have done that" bullsh*t, why didnt they? Temple hired dudes with NFL experience, and for DECADES had been rolling through coaches, and yet it took THIS guy to finally get them moving forward.

He's obviously not Nick Saban or Pete Carroll, but we could never afford those guys anyway. Jimmy Johnson wasnt Jimmy Johnson when he came here. Our only hope was an up and cominhttp://canesinsight.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=804142g hungry young competent coach who could rebuild this program with the talent available in SoFla, and develop his greatness, as he developed our greatness.

Nitpicking bullsh*t from the MAC. Whoopie do. People can go back and bag on all kids of sh*t Saban did at MSU. Every young coach has problems.

Problem is it looks like Temple was the most talented team in the Mac and still couldnt win conference

Your comparing apples and oranges...Jimmy didnt have the moist talented team in the conference at OSU and Saban didnt have the most talent at MSU in the big 10.... Golden had most tallent in the mac as evidenced by the draft and he still couldnt win it..how do we expect him to win ACC?

winner

Advertisement
Back