Jason Whitlock on Golden(5 years ago)

Advertisement
Yeah yeah yeah. Ive heard all this sh*t before. Bottom line is, Golden turned around the WORST team in Division I football, and made them actually competitive. And for all the "anyone could have done that" bullsh*t, why didnt they? Temple hired dudes with NFL experience, and for DECADES had been rolling through coaches, and yet it took THIS guy to finally get them moving forward.

He's obviously not Nick Saban or Pete Carroll, but we could never afford those guys anyway. Jimmy Johnson wasnt Jimmy Johnson when he came here. Our only hope was an up and coming hungry young competent coach who could rebuild this program with the talent available in SoFla, and develop his greatness, as he developed our greatness.

Nitpicking bullsh*t from the MAC. Whoopie do. People can go back and bag on all kids of sh*t Saban did at MSU. Every young coach has problems.

Fair enough, they were a joke and he made them respectable, but he is not a great coach. Eight or nine wins is his limit. He beats up on sister schools but struggles against any competent team because he's not very good. If you can't win 10 games at Miami that's indictment on the coach not the team.

Advertisement
DAm just listened to all 4 podcast...Whitlock was pinpoint accurate on every single thing about Golden... Its freaky

That's what I was just about to say. It wasn't just that Whitlock's prediction was bang on................you can't possibly be more precise exactly why you shouldn't consider it a good coaching job at Temple and exactly why he wouldn't be a good coach for Miami. Even when they tried to draw him in with the comparisons to other coaches he was bang on for why it was going to be different.

Wow, it would be hard to right a more detailed and correct account of why Golden sucks "after" his stint in Miami than what Whitlock said "before" he started. Kudos to the man.

Advertisement
Yeah yeah yeah. Ive heard all this sh*t before. Bottom line is, Golden turned around the WORST team in Division I football, and made them actually competitive. And for all the "anyone could have done that" bullsh*t, why didnt they? Temple hired dudes with NFL experience, and for DECADES had been rolling through coaches, and yet it took THIS guy to finally get them moving forward.

He's obviously not Nick Saban or Pete Carroll, but we could never afford those guys anyway. Jimmy Johnson wasnt Jimmy Johnson when he came here. Our only hope was an up and coming hungry young competent coach who could rebuild this program with the talent available in SoFla, and develop his greatness, as he developed our greatness.

Nitpicking bullsh*t from the MAC. Whoopie do. People can go back and bag on all kids of sh*t Saban did at MSU. Every young coach has problems.
^ This. Relax everyone. I know today way painful but this is a bridge year.

Even jimmyjohsonshair liked golden. This game vs ND is when I first wanted Golden fired.

Give golden the standard 4 years. If we are still getting burned and losing 6 games I'm all in for firing golden. But until those 4 years are done lets just see what he can do. As canes fans lets just hope he turns things around.

This^^^^ Whitlock knows jack ****. If you believe him there is a nice shiny bridge in NY for sale we can help you with.

Even more embarrassing comment that Jimmyjohnsonshair.

Advertisement
Once the Maryland team golden lost to in his 1st game when on to finish 0-10 vs FBS teams not named Miami, Golden should have been fired. Lose to that bad of a team you're out.

^ This. Relax everyone. I know today way painful but this is a bridge year.

Even jimmyjohsonshair liked golden. This game vs ND is when I first wanted Golden fired.
That post was from 4 years ago. I saw the light the following year. He should have never survived the bowl game loss to Lousiville.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back