Jason Munoz

Advertisement
Advertisement
everyone was on Nunn's jock. we got bubba bolden. Munoz is gone and we got the UCLA kid and likely JHH. the end
This program needs to be getting So Fla DBs it targets, including kids like Nunn and Battle. It made sense to go for some transfers and OOS kids this cycle, and it’s great that we found a Bolden and JHH late in the cycle, but you’re crazy if you think that’s a good plan for this program. Manny would have liked Nunn. Banda did. We lost out. Oh well. It’s not ‘jock sniffing.’ It’s recruiting the top local kids we identify.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This program needs to be getting So Fla DBs it targets, including kids like Nunn and Battle. It made sense to go for some transfers and OOS kids this cycle, and it’s great that we found a Bolden and JHH late in the cycle, but you’re crazy if you think that’s a good plan for this program. Manny would have liked Nunn. Banda did. We lost out. Oh well. It’s not ‘jock sniffing.’ It’s recruiting the top local kids we identify.
you are right but nunn is not elite. he's not a stevenson, campbell, battle, etc.only on this board would be be put in the same sentence as battle.

Advertisement
Don’t let the door hitcha on the way out. Only want guys that want to be here. Also, the side you were playing on didn’t change so the coach change is a cop out. Let’s be honest though, are we really gonna lose sleep on this one?
I still suspect there were some underlying health issues with this young man. I wish him well.

Does nobody feel bad for the kid if he was dropped? I like getting the best talent but I’m not for pushing out a kid who is already signed! What’s the story?
As I've said in other posts, I still have questions about his health. He did have an episode of rhabdomylosis, a muscle disorder. This can result simply from overexertion. Kid was apparently a very hard worker who tried very hard to get bigger. I have no idea if the rhabdo was very mild or severe.

I wonder if he would have had trouble staying big enough to play DT.

There is apparently some information we do not know, i.e., whether he left on his own volition or encouraged to look around or some combination.

you are right but nunn is not elite. he's not a stevenson, campbell, battle, etc.only on this board would be be put in the same sentence as battle.
So we lost on a non-elite local DB and that’s better in your eyes?

I have not made a claim around which kid is better or whether it matters. My point is they are all local DBs who our staff targeted. Nunn happens to be a really good prospect. Whether you think he’s worse than those other guys doesn’t matter to me at all.

Advertisement
Back