Jason Mitchell life in prison for the death of Sean Taylor

IHATETHISPLACE

Thunderdome
David Ovalle ‏@DavidOvalle305 15m
BREAKING: Miami-Dade judge immediatey sentences Jason Mitchell to life in prison for Nov 2007 murder of #Redskins #UM safety #SeanTaylor

MIAMI — A Florida jury has convicted a man prosecutors called the ringleader of a botched 2007 Miami-area burglary that ended with the fatal shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor.

The 12-person jury deliberated nearly four hours Tuesday before finding 25-year-old Jason Mitchell guilty of first-degree felony murder and armed burglary. Trial testimony indicated that Mitchell hatched the plot for five Fort Myers-area men to burglarize Taylor’s home near

Miami after previously seeing large amounts of cash there.

The judge immediately imposed the mandatory life sentence for murder, plus 40 more years for the burglary conviction.

The man who authorities say fired the fatal shot, Eric Rivera Jr., was convicted last fall of second-degree murder and sentenced to 57 years behind bars.

Two other men await trial. A third has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and burglary.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...cted-murder-sean-taylor-killin/#ixzz34HUsYT1k
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMc06juBNYI

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bout time. Happy with the sentence but mannnn the justice system has taken a long time to deal with these scumbags.

Advertisement
Dude doesn't deserve to live. Now he's going to spend life in prison with a roof over his head and food in his gut while we all pay taxes to keep him there. He should be put to sleep.

148.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
God Bless Sean! Always in our hearts! This is about more than just football! Sean was a father, role model, and leader. Gone way too soon!

Last edited:
True story, when the skins came to seattle me and my severely disabled brother met him. I live in Washington so it's my only experience with anything hurricanes in person. Most people have a real standoffish attitude when they first see my brother cause his disability is so severe (he has cerebral palsy). He was so cool with my brother, taking the initiative in talking to him and stuff. That's why he's always gunna be my favorite cane, hands down.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back