Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to read this thread but somehow it’s an even bigger shît show then I expected it to be.

Maybe I should be as devastated as y’all but we’re recruiting at a really high level right now and I’m just not that pressed about it. Marshall doesn’t break this class. It’s still an elite class that is only going to get better and will be, along with the ‘20 class, an important building block towards getting us back to contending for titles on a yearly basis.

Ok you all can resume melting down.
The recruiting level we're recruiting at is the best it's been. I doubt anyone is upset about the job that the staff is doing as a whole.

Marshall doesn't break the class...for a playoff team. They have guys readily available at CB already on their team or another Top 200 kid as a backup plan when plan A doesn't go through. We don't have either so when it seems as if the staff has finally turned the corner on a position that they've continued to struggle with for years and he commits elsewhere, some of us are going to be a bit upset.

Advertisement
Seen this trend for what 5 years now? Something is very wrong with that when we find ourselves in the same exact position year after year
In the past, it happened late in the recruiting cycle and they had to scramble without a back up plan. Now it's time to see if they learned something.

Up to now, things have been going better than anyone expected. There was bound to be a bump in the road. There's plenty of time left.

Advertisement
Staff needs to learn when to stop with the twitter ****t. Blowing your load on a silent, posting exploding planets, 5/5 bs. ****t is embarrassing. You don't see the Corey Raymond's of the world doing this ****t. Pulling 5 stars is a regular occurrence for them and they don't get showy.
💯
And they need to treat 247 like the snitches they are. I got called out for sting this a few years ago but it’s the truth. These dudes are blue blood sec plants. If I hated my job and it depended on chasing teen boys around I would be open to all kind payoffs for any nugget I can sell.

The recruiting level we're recruiting at is the best it's been. I doubt anyone is upset about the job that the staff is doing as a whole.

Marshall doesn't break the class...for a playoff team. They have guys readily available at CB already on their team or another Top 200 kid as a backup plan when plan A doesn't go through. We don't have either so when it seems as if the staff has finally turned the corner on a position that they've continued to struggle with for years and he commits elsewhere, some of us are going to be a bit upset.

There are few recruits out there where you know that it is the kiss of death for the team that initially lands him. If those dudes commit to Miami, you cringe because you know that it means another recruit is getting shut out and you will ultimately end up empty handed. In those rare cases, you actually want sloppy seconds. I'd put the odds at 75% he doesn't end up with UF.

Thats why I'm not going to disparage him at this point. We have a very long offseason ahead and he will have his Palmetto buddies working on him to go to Miami. Nothing UF can do if he says "thanks for the free trapper keepers" and flips to Miami.

Advertisement
Um Rumph has been here longer was the head coach of a local high school that had five star cbs and we got none.

In fact we never really in it even with the one that thought of him as a father figure.

If you don’t “see” that get some glasses.
Yep, I guess some hold it against Rumph that we don't have the deep pockets that Bama or GA have.

So me saying months ago “ we were in a good spot with LT” was bs? Then predicting him to Um weeks before national guys is bs?
When everyone had him UF.

Almost two years of being right on everything UM is bs?

Literally all the experts had Marshall to Um, the only difference is I didn’t charge.

Cool

On the flip side.......you said the same thing....which sounds like you followed what they were saying just like everybody else....you shoulda known top rated sfla cbs always play us bro...we shoulda went for Wilson regardless....

Who’s face is in that image above rumph? These 7v7 coaches are the lowest of the low. Leeches, grifters, street agents, whatever you want to call them, they are the worst this society has to offer - preying on kids and their families and selling them out to the highest bidder. Most of them...
If I had to guess I’d say Torian Gray, the DB coach at UiF.

Advertisement
I understand, I'm not talking down on him. I'm just saying he got misled like everyone else.
Not matter how reliable the source, this is recruiting. There's always the element of doubt and uncertainty until they sign a LOI. Anyone who thinks otherwise is setting themselves up for disappointment.

I thought that was be implied. That why I shaking my head in disbelief. Too many acting like gators.

Advertisement
Tell me a game changing play a cb did last year that merit keeping Rumph?

Show me a cb Rumph has coached up to the first and second round?

Coaching matters but recruiting matters more in college.

Dude, let's just fire everyone then. Oh wait, we've been doing that.

Show me what game changing play or player any coach has coached up to 1st or 2nd round talent.

If that's your litmus test, he's done far better than the rest of the staff.

**** is dumb with Rumph. People still think we should be getting all the top local talent when the top local talent has been going elsewhere for a decade or so. You know where they keep going, to the top teams or other in state schools who have been better than us this last decade.

We get some, but peoples expectations are seriously out of whack until we do something that matters, on the actual field. We've been at best a three star program, but m'fers expect five star results on the recruiting front. How in the **** does that make sense?

This year, we're making some noise, but best believe if there's a season, those kids are going to be jumping overboard real quick if we **** the bed where it matters, on the field.

Don’t care if Rumph wasn’t involved. It’s time for new face in the seconday. Sample size is large enough. 5 recruiting cycles. Highest DrafT pick was a Golden recruit (elder).

Cane alumni or not he just isn’t gettin it done. Time to move in another direction.
Yup and Elder has 3 total tackles in the league. Mike Jackson hasn't record a stat in the league. Yet we talk about UF's first round guys being bust. At least they are getting their guys drafted high while we are still here making excuses for Rumph and talking about how great of a "teacher" he is.

The bad moments in recruiting make me more ****ed than the good ones who make me happy.

Think I am not going to seriously follow recruiting for a long minute, rather just hope for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back