Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Marshall, for sure. I think

Its the team he originally wanted. The glamor of Miami and the momentum died down and he stuck with his gut.

Yall hate on his coach for telling him to wait, but i don't. Imagine coaching a kid who has been all UF for a year. His teammates go to miami and he's starting to second guess. You tell him to hold off and think about it to ensure 100% he's made up his mind. I mean, thats just being a good mentor. I don't blame Jason for not making a rash decision and holding off.

If he thinks Florida will develop him and that's where his heart is, then good luck to the young man.
His coach 100% hates Miami, though. That’s a given. We can make excuses for him, but he’s probably sitting back right now with the biggest grin on his face. What a fat dork.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll hold my L with no problem on this one.

All I had heard for the last month was that he was committing to Miami & just about everyone else did too.

He had been high on UF early in the process then Bama came on strong & then Miami. Without a 100% doubt his coach has been in his ear & his folks ear about going to UF, I already explained it in the other Jason Marshall thread but Manasco has been an anti-Miami guy from the jump, we were able to still get Taylor & Smith but he sank his hooks in this recruitment.

I don't think Miami will stop recruiting him, but if the season is cancelled it'll be very difficult to flip him.

At the end of the day UF can sell recent success with getting their CB's drafted in the 1st round & aside from Artie Burns (which was 4 years ago & a whole different staff) we can't.

Hopefully we push for Markevious Brown & just keep trekking. Disappointed but not the end of the world.

Elite CB recruiting unfortunately still evades us.

Well that sucks.

But after Williams and Taylor and the way the staff is recruiting it doesn't sting like missing on Stevenson or Campbell.

Plenty of very good prospects still on the board for just a handful of spots

Advertisement
Isn’t Marshall a big Gator fan?

anyways Miami builds momentum, he silently commits to Manuel, then Ivins blows his spot with the coaches help then Coach gets some payments set up for the commit to UF? Is that right?

Advertisement
I'll hold my L with no problem on this one.

All I had heard for the last month was that he was committing to Miami & just about everyone else did too.

He had been high on UF early in the process then Bama came on strong & then Miami. Without a 100% doubt his coach has been in his ear & his folks ear about going to UF, I already explained it in the other Jason Marshall thread but Manasco has been an anti-Miami guy from the jump, we were able to still get Taylor & Smith but he sank his hooks in this recruitment.

I don't think Miami will stop recruiting him, but if the season is cancelled it'll be very difficult to flip him.

At the end of the day UF can sell recent success with getting their CB's drafted in the 1st round & aside from Artie Burns (which was 4 years ago & a whole different staff) we can't.

Hopefully we push for Markevious Brown & just keep trekking. Disappointed but not the end of the world.

Elite CB recruiting unfortunately still evades us.

we still got LT and smith from there. im excited for those two kids. marshall was a UF lean the entire way. once he didnt go public, it didnt seem right and a lot of excuse making coming from his camp. it happens. neither you or cribby are the reason nor is ivins and wiltfong. the kid wasnt fully in. he felt way more comfortable going public to UF but his camp had excuses for why he couldn't go public here.

Advertisement
Isn’t Marshall a big Gator fan?

anyways Miami builds momentum, he silently commits to Manuel, then Ivins blows his spot with the coaches help then Coach gets some payments set up for the commit to UF? Is that right?

Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back