Jarvis Brownlee Jr--2019 Carol City DB

Advertisement
Advertisement
Love it. This kid is exactly the reason why it makes no sense to whine about dbs at Miami. Think about kids like him and Good, or a ton of kids last year like Bethel, Garner, Miguel Edwards, Troutman, Keidron Smith, etc.

Any of the kids I named could end up to be studs at cb or safety and they were all considered plan B kids. Worrying about star rankings for these Florida dawgs is an exercise in utter futility.

A class of Good, Brownlee, Couch, Logan, and Smith could EASILY end up better than a star ***** class of Stevenson, battle, Elam, Steele, and Sanguinetti.

Just evaluate and get the kids we want. Let the whores worry about stars.

I'm hoping this dawg commits soon. So much compete and toughness in his highlight tape. Definite contributor from day 1 here in some capacity.

These are the kinds of guys who can be beast college players

Love it. This kid is exactly the reason why it makes no sense to whine about dbs at Miami. Think about kids like him and Good, or a ton of kids last year like Bethel, Garner, Miguel Edwards, Troutman, Keidron Smith, etc.

Any of the kids I named could end up to be studs at cb or safety and they were all considered plan B kids. Worrying about star rankings for these Florida dawgs is an exercise in utter futility.

A class of Good, Brownlee, Couch, Logan, and Smith could EASILY end up better than a star ***** class of Stevenson, battle, Elam, Steele, and Sanguinetti.

Just evaluate and get the kids we want. Let the whores worry about stars.

Some of that's true. There's definitely a lot of interchangability with DBs in FL (especially compared to other positions), and the star system makes it seems like there's a bigger difference than there really is. If the staff is high on Brownlee, you take him, who cares whether a kid is ranked much higher.

The thing is though, we really, really want Stevenson. There are a few kids that its just obvious are better than everyone else, and at DB Stevenson is that dude. Those are the guys that it hurts to miss on

Advertisement
Love this offer. Forget the rankings, his film doesn't lie

Kid reminds me of Artie Burns

Wouldn't be surprised if he blew up this year. Love CC kids too

Lets hope we get a commit

Advertisement
A lot of talent at dB here I agree. I also agre that some the kids down here are only showing signs of theire potential and will end up better than some who are rated higher.
However, Stevenson is not one of those kids. I’m by no means a talent evaluator or some x and o’s dude. I never even played the game. But the past few years made a point to go to some of the local games and like everyone on here I make my own opinions. No one can predict the future. Even pro scouts. But I think in an area where 6’ 4.5 db’s come around every year, Stevenson is a dude that doesn’t come along very often.

Advertisement
South Florida is loaded with DBs, BUT we know how our Cane fans are (stars are everything)!! I'm all for watching a recruit's film and seeing IF he's Miami caliber, actual game film is the best way to judge real talent..

Advertisement
Back