Jarren Williams

1. Couldn’t beat out Rosier.
2. When Rosier **** the bed, as expected, he couldn’t even steal snaps from Perry even though he was sucking too.
3. Already had one foot out the door because of 1&2.
4. Martell is better than Rosier and Perry.

There you go.
Ridiculous post.

1. Was he really given a chance to beat out Rosier? Richt was big on "experience", and Williams was the true freshman of the bunch. Plus, he had no real QB coach to help in the transition from high school to college ball.
2. See #1
3. Again, see #1...he was one foot out the door because he wasn't being given an opportunity.
4. Maybe, probably, but we've yet to see if he's better than Perry.

Advertisement
I don't believe that to be true. He was all over social media trying to discourage Fields transferring to OSU saying he was the starter so don't bother coming here (paraphrasing).

I feel like he's trying to immerse himself into the program as the starter and he's not even on campus. I get the excitement and confidence., but you have to go earn it 1st on Greentree.
You really are still here hating on this dude? Did he **** your sister?

Lets see how Nkosi, Jarren and Cade look with real coaching. Jon Richt and Thomas Brown were so horrible. Brown will be the running back coach at South Carolina not offensive coordinator. Jon probably won't be a QB's coach again.

Coaching and player development is crucial in college sports and there is a great chasm between the great and bad coaches. We had no qb development at all. Zero, nothing. Nkosi, Cade and Jarren should look infinitely better this year with good coaching as opposed to really bad. Don't write them off yet.

So a year after a kid was hand picked by a coach and took his team to a National Championship you commit to that school? Sounds like he doesn’t really do research and just makes bad decisions. He maybe great or a bust, Tate could be the same but give me the guy who is here. Accourding to some he didn’t run cause of Fields coming he left cause fields was told the job was his with no competition. That’s a bias and i wouldn’t stick around knowing I really don’t have a chance to compete for the job. If Williams is on the same level as Fields and Tate decided to come here wouldn’t that also imply he is running to competition?
Williams is not on the same level as Fields, sit back and watch the upcoming season....what's this "According to some," whose your source? Martell spent 2yrs at OSU; if he was the qb in waiting, why would they promise an outsider( who doesn't know the system) the job? The plane hadn't hit the gate b4 Martell hightail the **** outta Ohio; but now some posters acting like JW is the one who would be running from competition. The same ones screaming for JW to get some game reps last season are the same ones screaming for Martell now. The next new guy is the "CIS savior."
I just want the guy who performs with consistency and wins, fvck that "who gives us the best chance to win ****."

Williams is not on the same level as Fields, sit back and watch the upcoming season....what's this "According to some," whose your source? Martell spent 2yrs at OSU; if he was the qb in waiting, why would they promise an outsider( who doesn't know the system) the job? The plane hadn't hit the gate b4 Martell hightail the **** outta Ohio; but now some posters acting like JW is the one who would be running from competition. The same ones screaming for JW to get some game reps last season are the same ones screaming for Martell now. The next new guy is the "CIS savior."
I just want the guy who performs with consistency and wins, fvck that "who gives us the best chance to win ****."

Apparently OSU liked their chances more with Fields at the helm but it doesn’t make them correct. That is still to be determined. I agree with you though. I don’t give a **** who the QB is as long as he’s a winner. I must admit tho I like the confidence & swag Martell brings.

Advertisement
It's a fresh start for everyone.

If Diaz was handing out starting jobs, Jalen Hurts would be here.

If a kid is as good as he thinks he is, he'll have several months to prove it.

Advertisement
Ridiculous post.

1. Was he really given a chance to beat out Rosier? Richt was big on "experience", and Williams was the true freshman of the bunch. Plus, he had no real QB coach to help in the transition from high school to college ball.
2. See #1
3. Again, see #1...he was one foot out the door because he wasn't being given an opportunity.
4. Maybe, probably, but we've yet to see if he's better than Perry.

Facts. There was never any real battles. Richt picked experience over skills

Just my eye test QB,s regressed instead of improving under previous staff. Can not speak for others but I can not predict how good or bad our present QB,s may be with good coaching.

Hindsight it 20/20 and we can speculate all we want but not only do I believe Richt knew he was done midway by some of his decisions or lack there of, I think he protected Jarren from burning his shirt just like he didn't bring in a new DC knowing he was out the door.

Advertisement
Hindsight it 20/20 and we can speculate all we want but not only do I believe Richt knew he was done midway by some of his decisions or lack there of, I think he protected Jarren from burning his shirt just like he didn't bring in a new DC knowing he was out the door.

Still doesn't explain why he didn't give him any game reps the last (3) games.

Horrible...

Still doesn't explain why he didn't give him any game reps the last (3) games.

Horrible...

That's what I'm saying and said. It was an absolute joke this kid didn't get a look late with the new redshirt rules...If you're gonna mail in the bowl game, mail it in while doing something for the future.

Advertisement
Dude Perry isn't anywhere near Tate's level. Yes he played against Rutgers and he also ran all over OSUs defense in their spring game. He also played Baker Mayfield and the Army option QB on their scout team and Urban said he was so good, that he was the reason they won. This kid is the truth.
Let's see it on Greentree. Then in games if he's the starter before you hand out that Heisman.

Advertisement
Back