Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Looks like Malik will start. Hes getting most of the 1s now with jarren getting the rest.

Please don't take this the wrong way Dee. As a Canes fan I appreciate you and the other Alumni who would have reached out to Jarren to help convince him to stay. But, do you honestly believe staying here is best for him?

It pains me to say it as a Canes fan. But there are so many red flags. Richts terrible and outdated system, Jon Richt not being qualified as a QB coach, No history of a fair/real QB competition to start, and just the overall dysfunctional/embarrassment the QB room has had... and those are just the issues with QB's.

I try and look at these issues without my HEAVY Miami Bias and I just can't see how this situation gets better.

Please don't take this the wrong way Dee. As a Canes fan I appreciate you and the other Alumni who would have reached out to Jarren to help convince him to stay. But, do you honestly believe staying here is best for him?

It pains me to say it as a Canes fan. But there are so many red flags. Richts terrible and outdated system, Jon Richt not being qualified as a QB coach, No history of a fair/real QB competition to start, and just the overall dysfunctional/embarrassment the QB room has had... and those are just the issues with QB's.

I try and look at these issues without my HEAVY Miami Bias and I just can't see how this situation gets better.
Get off your soap box, 2018 qb play was an anomaly compared to the last 5 seasons or so nothing more and nothing less... All time low when we have posters wishing one of our best young players not to be here...

2012 Stephen Morris 58.2% 3345 21 tds 7 ints
7-5
2013 Stephen Morris 58% 3028 21 tds 12 ints
9-4

2014 Brad kaaya 58.5% 3198 26 tds 12 ints
6-7

2015 Brad Kaaya 61.2% 3238 16 tds 5 Ints
8-5

2016 Brad kaaya 62.0% 3532 27 tds 7 ints
9-4

2017 malik rosier 54.0% 3120 26 tds 14 ints
10-3 468 rushing yards 5 tds

2018 rosier/Perry combined 51.9% 2127 yards 19 tds 10 ints. 368 rushing yards 7 tds
7-5 regular season(could improve pending bowl outcome).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Get off your soap box, 2018 qb play was an anomaly compared to the last 5 seasons or so.

2013 Stephen Morris 58% 3028 21 tds 12 ints
9-4

2014 Brad kaaya 58.5% 3198 26 tds 12 ints
6-7

2015 Brad Kaaya 61.2% 3238 16 tds 5 Ints
8-5

2016 Brad kaaya 62.0% 3532 27 tds 7 ints
9-4

2017 malik rosier 54.0% 3120 26 tds 14 ints
10-3 468 rushing yards 5 tds

2018 rosier/Perry combined 51.9% 2127 yards 19 tds 10 ints. 368 rushing yards 7 tds
7-5 regular season(could improve pending bowl outcome).

What are you showing me? Numbers that have regressed over the past three years? (Could worsen pending the bowl outcome)

Brock/Cuban-Cane which ever one of your accounts you choose to respond on. Please remember I wasnt asking/wanting your opinion anyways.

What are you showing me? Numbers that have regressed over the past three years? (Could worsen pending the bowl outcome)

Brock/Cuban-Cane which ever one of your accounts you choose to respond on. Please remember I wasnt asking/wanting your opinion anyways.
You dumb as **** thinking I’m Cuban-cane. Like wtf do you even come up with the dumb sh*t? No I’m showing you that 2018 was far outside the mean of the numbers put up by Miami qbs the last 5-6 years so it’s in fact an outlier year and considered to be an anomaly of a season period by the qb group.

You are probably one of those posters that think kaaya regressed from 2015 to 2016 so that’s not surprising in a season where he increased across the board stasticially under richt.

Advertisement
You dumb as **** thinking I’m Cuban-cane. Like wtf do you even come up with the dumb sh*t? No I’m showing you that 2018 was far outside the mean of the numbers put up by Miami qbs the last 5-6 years so it’s in fact an outlier year and considered to be an anomaly of a season period by the qb group.

You are probably one of those posters that think kaaya regressed from 2015 to 2016 so that’s not surprising in a season where he increased across the board stasticially under richt.

Richt was asking him to do things he wasn't built for. He had designed QB keepers with Brad Kaaya.

He pretty much gave the kid no choice but to leave after his junior season when he didn't have any viable option behind him.

I don't think Kaaya regressed. I think we've regressed at the position every year since Richts arrival.

If anything you're showing me the QB numbers have stayed relatively the same under this regime? Which isn't a positive considering we were apparently getting a "QB guru" with Richt.

Richt was asking him to do things he wasn't built for. He had designed QB keepers with Brad Kaaya.

He pretty much gave the kid no choice but to leave after his junior season when he didn't have any viable option behind him.

I don't think Kaaya regressed. I think we've regressed at the position every year since Richts arrival.

If anything you're showing me the QB numbers have stayed relatively the same under this regime? Which isn't a positive considering we were apparently getting a "QB guru" with Richt.
Richt wasn’t having kaaya run designed keepers. It’s called rpo(run pass option) not zone read learn the difference

And imo we had our best 2 years statistically for the qb position in the last 10 years imo in 2016 and 2017 tbqh,

Last edited:
Richt wasn’t have kaaya run designed keepers. It’s called rpo(run pass option) not zone read learn the difference

And imo we had our best 2 years statistically for the qb position in the last 10 years imo in 2016 and 2017 tbqh,

You know who did think Kaaya regressed? NFL evaluators. His stock plummeted.

I'm aware of the difference. Go back and watch the tape, He had plays where Brad Kaaya was asked to run with the ball (depending on how the D reacted) which was clearly something he could not do.

I don't know how you could evaluate the QB play/room over the past three years and think we are in the right direction.

Starting Rosier today is just another example.

If I was the parent of a highly touted QB. I wouldn't be sending him to a Richt.

Advertisement
Richt wasn’t have kaaya run designed keepers. It’s called rpo(run pass option) not zone read learn the difference

Brock, Rorcht cannot develop QBs. I was about to post the same thing he did relative to Kaaya. Kaaya did regress because it took Rorcht until halftime of the ND game (causing the 1st of the 4 game losing streaks) to realize he had to change things up. Only then did Kaaya get better but the damage was done. He has shown no ability to properly manage the QBs or develop them and LOL at Jon. As Miami fans, of course we want the best players but they do us no good with Rorcht.

I'm aware of the difference. Go back and watch the tape, He had plays where Brad Kaaya was asked to run with the ball (depending on how the D reacted) which was clearly something he could not do.

I don't know how you could evaluate the QB play/room over the past three years and think we are in the right direction.

If I was the parent of a highly touted QB. I wouldn't be sending him to a Richt.
lol

Kaaya did not regress
Accura,
Tds from 15 to 27
Yards up from

Who are you going to start? ******* Perry

lol
I don't care about stats and numbers. Coley had Kaaya performing and rated as a 1st round pick. One season with Rorcht and.....

Advertisement

Shhhhhhhhh! Don’t say that too loud.

Ppl look at black & white stat lines and say “here, see, he improved.” I clearly showed apples to apples where and how Brad regressed in another thread, and how multiple people from w/in the NFL circle felt the same way. The question was over Kaaya’s last 4 games, which Richt finally got a clue, was did Kaaya do enough to gain his rep back.

Is this post a joke?

I have a feeling

Kaaya stock took a hit because he was a statue and had no pocket awareness. Richt didnt want him running qb keepers. He had him running a rpo. Which does not involve him running.

I don't care about stats and numbers. Coley had Kaaya performing and rated as a 1st round pick. One season with Rorcht and.....
61.2% 16 tds 5 ints 3250 sophomore season by kaaya screams first round pick

But
62% 27 tds 7 ints 3530 yard junior season doesn’t?

What type of sense does that make? The nfl game has evolved beyond a statue qb, that’s why kaaya dropped in the draft period. What qb in the league right now that was drafted in round 1 recently immobile as kaaya was in college ? None...

Advertisement
Back