Jarren Williams is a stud.

Wish he had more mobility but ... gotta like his development in terms of pocket presence, going through his reads, and touch on the deep ball.

The mobility isnt bad though. It is enough for what we need. Him taking off and running when he needs to is something that had been missing.....now we are starting to see that.

Advertisement
Lol, no he didn't show any of those things in the first few games. That's why many of us were concerned. He has shown incredible improvement in each of these though, that improvement is why he's playing at an elite level right now.

Thanks for outing yourself as having no idea what you're watching in football and a QB. But congrats, tip of the hat to you.

Its amazing what Enos and Williams accomplish when both have each other ( as the only time our O has looked bad is when Perry was in there ) AND most importantly when our OL starts playing well. Our O is rounding into form the last few weeks .

Advertisement
I tried telling these numb sculls this ol would hold everyone back until they took their lumps. I actually posted that in this very thread. The o would get better as the year goes on, that’s what young ol/qb do.

Jarren with some time back there is lethal. Too bad our kicking game has been cr@p costing us some games. We seem to be hitting our stride but with little chance at the coastal.

I'm on the JW train now, for sure. He's always had the impressive live arm, but now he's shown ability to avoid the sack, accuracy throwing the ball downfield, and throwing to the open receiver. Credit to JW and the coaching staff, it looks like we have a winner here at the QB position for the first time in a long time.

He has a great feel for pocket pressure now that the game has slowed down for him. Just a little maneuvering to buy more time is a welcomed sight. Kid is the goods. Kudos to Enos for coaching him up,

Time for a lot of people to eat their crow but they won’t. Jarren is the guy and should have been the guy the whole season period. Told y’all this offense runs at a different level with him in there and he has the highest upside at qb we have had in awhile

Advertisement
Not only was Jarrens 6TDs a Canes school record (and tied an ACC record), it was the reason we gave our biggest beating to an ACC opponent since we joined. I haven’t seen us beat on conference opponents that hard since the early 2000’s.

The page is turning. Enos is working the gun a little more, the o line is playing light years ahead of where they were earlier as far as pass protection goes, defense is looking like it did 2017/2018, and special teams has been fixed by Hedley and Price. Wonder what Justin Flowe thought of the beating in person?

Enos can coach him up some QBs. Not sold yet on the play calling, but he knows the position - short list for best in the country.

Yes - as a QB coach, he’s **** good. I really appreciate that considering we were suffering under Jon for what seemed to be a decade.

Advertisement
Wish he had more mobility but ... gotta like his development in terms of pocket presence, going through his reads, and touch on the deep ball.

The kid ran 7 times today, 3 of which he gained 10+ yards on key downs. He's not going to be Jalen Hurts. He will run when he needs to. He has also shown the past three games he can scramble around the pocket to make throws.

Has the light finally come on for Jarren? Who knows. People that are crowning him right now are setting themselves up for failure, because the last two teams Miami have faced have been pretty mediocre defensively. Let's be honest, Miami is killing on explosive plays, with tons of chunk plays mixed in. I still haven't seen Miami consistently string together drives. Until we see that, I don't know if we can safely say that Jarren is the end all be all. I think he's earned exclusive 1st team reps for the rest of the season, but I would still like to see more consistency, and fewer "That should have been picked off" throws. If he can cut down on stupid throws, and consistently execute, then Miami may have something special.

It was a good win today, but work remains to be done.
Did you watch the game today? They scored TDs on their first 3-4 possessions of the game. The first one started at their own 8.

Advertisement
Unfortunately Manny and Enos are some of those people. Have no idea how they considered N'Kosi the better QB for 3 weeks.

theres a diff in his arm from the injury to now. i dont think they considered Kosi better, but the injury to Williams arm made it so. hes been on a diff level since he came back. he was supposed to play vs pitt but was benched for the AWOL practice.

I had my doubts about him. He sure eliminated those doubts in the last two games. Completely different QB from what he was at the beginning of the year. He plays faster and completes his deep balls now.

I always believed in Jarren but was worried about his deep ball and red zone consistency but not anymore. Not enough will say it but Enos as a qb coach is by far worth the money and as a play caller he isn't completely there yet but with the line improving and him not being as cute with his calls there's vast improvement there also. This season has been frustrating because honestly I'll still say we should be undefeated while hitting our strides now but whatever I can't help but smile knowing we have the face of our offense and defense shining as rs freshmen

U can always have Mrad Baaya tho. He straight n has decent mobility. Excited for the future.

Advertisement
Back