Jared Lorenzen dead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah too soon.

I chuckled a little bit. Shame on me.

Based off the few profiles I had seen of him I bet he'd have laughed at the joke. Was seemingly a very good dude that had no problem with self deprecating humor. Sucks that he probably couldn't get his weight under control in time.

Based off the few profiles I had seen of him I bet he'd have laughed at the joke. Was seemingly a very good dude that had no problem with self deprecating humor. Sucks that he probably couldn't get his weight under control in time.
Yeah, he was a good man, helluva athlete for his size. Sad to see him go.

Advertisement
Not sure how many of you followed recruiting when he has being recruited but I remember Canes coaches loved him and I believe we came in 2nd within the recruitment. They loved his arm and mobility.

After losing out on him we focused our attention on a 3 star QB from Orinda, California and beat out the likes of Tennessee for Ken Dorsey

One 38 year old Giants quarterback just died. The other 38 year old Giants quarterback has been dead for years.

I had recently saw a profile on him. He was trying to lose weight and get his health back to normal. It was sad to watch how much he had let himself go.
Another time, during his playing days at UK there was one particular play where a DL came form the outside hit him full speed from the outside. He literally bounced off of him. Funny.

RIP JL

That’s the thing. I remember watching a documentary on him 12 months ago and he was doing that. He’d lost over 100 lbs.

Advertisement
That’s the thing. I remember watching a documentary on him 12 months ago and he was doing that. He’d lost over 100 lbs.

Yup. I had seen that one too. Maybe it was too late due to all the health issues or he might've gained the weight back. Haven't really seen any details about where he was at prior to his death. Would really suck if the dude did shed 100+ lbs and kept it off and still dropped dead before 40.

As a guy whose parents went to UK ( and have seen about 20 UK football and basketball games live ) this is a sad day. Such a good dude who I have met on 2 occasions . I think his health just caught up with him .A body ain't made to hold 570 pounds ( what he was at at his heaviest ) . It messes with the heart and kidneys which it did . R.I.P. the Round Mound of Touchdown .

This is sad and tragic.

I remember watching him in college. He was so entertaining. Never before or since have I seen a dude that size playing QB who could tuck it and run the way he could. Truly a one of a kind.

I saw him live at a game in '03 when he was QB for Kentucky. When the score was out of hand in the 4th quarter another QB was brought in to replace him. For a minute I thought maybe they just moved Lorenzen over to right guard when the new QB came in. But after further reflection, I think he probably really did go to the sideline...

Advertisement
Wife went to school w him and babysat for his baby’s mama.

She said he was the nicest guy. Didn’t ever act like arrogant like he was QB1. Just very down to earth, nice guy.

RIP

Not sure how many of you followed recruiting when he has being recruited but I remember Canes coaches loved him and I believe we came in 2nd within the recruitment. They loved his arm and mobility.

After losing out on him we focused our attention on a 3 star QB from Orinda, California and beat out the likes of Tennessee for Ken Dorsey

How old are you ? I thought you were a jit

Yup. I had seen that one too. Maybe it was too late due to all the health issues or he might've gained the weight back. Haven't really seen any details about where he was at prior to his death. Would really suck if the dude did shed 100+ lbs and kept it off and still dropped dead before 40.
It’s definitely less sad if he gained the weight back.

Advertisement
Back