Jared Harrison-Hunte

Advertisement
I want Hunte and Michael Lockhart the SDE from Alabama over taking grad tranfers from UCLA. We need to build long term depth.

Go Canes

Losing too many snaps to just replace them with freshmen, IMO.

This is where a guy like Tyreic Martin not developing, losing DJ Johnson after one year, Ryan Fines not developing and transferring out is a problem and why we are ultimately light on the line.

In a fantasy world, you could slot Jordan Miller in there, but he's a lower end prospect that needed development and it might be a stretch to expect him to fill...say...Titos snap count next year.

The number of snaps our iDL starters have played, IMO, seems unsustainable. RJM in his Jr year, Gerald Willis this year, Norton played a ton of snaps too...tough to think you can just say...Nesta, Jon Ford...go play 600 snaps.

Getting a Grad Transfer or JUCO iDL is what ultimately sets you to develop that long term depth. Allows the freshmen DL to get their 3 games in (maybe spread out over the season) and maintain the red shirt with low snap counts.

idk, I am all aboard a grad transfer iDL. I wouldn't pass on Harrison-Hunte either...I'd take Harrison-Hunte AND a grad transfer.

If you walk out of this recruiting class with Blissett, Harrison-Hunte, Munoz, and Holley plus a Grad Transfer, I think you walk away thinking you somehow salvaged the iDL class after you lost Kuligowski and missed on a lot of your tier one and tier two prospects.

As an aside, I think you need to do the same for DE, too. But that is for a different thread.

This is where a guy like Tyreic Martin not developing, losing DJ Johnson after one year, Ryan Fines not developing and transferring out is a problem and why we are ultimately light on the line.

In a fantasy world, you could slot Jordan Miller in there, but he's a lower end prospect that needed development and it might be a stretch to expect him to fill...say...Titos snap count next year.

The number of snaps our iDL starters have played, IMO, seems unsustainable. RJM in his Jr year, Gerald Willis this year, Norton played a ton of snaps too...tough to think you can just say...Nesta, Jon Ford...go play 600 snaps.

Getting a Grad Transfer or JUCO iDL is what ultimately sets you to develop that long term depth. Allows the freshmen DL to get their 3 games in (maybe spread out over the season) and maintain the red shirt with low snap counts.

idk, I am all aboard a grad transfer iDL. I wouldn't pass on Harrison-Hunte either...I'd take Harrison-Hunte AND a grad transfer.

If you walk out of this recruiting class with Blissett, Harrison-Hunte, Munoz, and Holley plus a Grad Transfer, I think you walk away thinking you somehow salvaged the iDL class after you lost Kuligowski and missed on a lot of your tier one and tier two prospects.

As an aside, I think you need to do the same for DE, too. But that is for a different thread.
I just don’t like the JUCO route. I side with Ivins on that one.

Advertisement

The problem with Ryan Fines and Tyreic Martin, they shouldnt have never been recruited to a program such as Miami

The problem with Ryan Fines and Tyreic Martin, they shouldnt have never been recruited to a program such as Miami

I don't disagree...but we are going in circles...Miami can't or doesn't recruit or evaluate and recruit enough players to even fill out the full allotment of scholarships.

At some point...as discussed in other threads...what a "Miami caliber player" might need to be shifted. Clearly, whatever we've been doing isn't good enough or working. The proof is in the pudding. A long list of players we swung and missed on, players we didn't evaluate as being good players that ended up being, players we evaluated as being good enough but were not, and some complete misses in the evaluation process. It is, what it is, but its not like we had a long list of not-Fines and not-Martin lining up to play here.

Advertisement

I agree with most of that except the last part. Simpson is an upgrade over Kuligowski. He doesn't just teach pass rushing moves and he actually recruits players.

Advertisement
I agree with most of that except the last part. Simpson is an upgrade over Kuligowski. He doesn't just teach pass rushing moves and he actually recruits players.

Kuligowski is one of the best teachers on the defensive line in all of college football. His resume is fantastic and at the college level, I'd say unrivaled.

But, you're right...he isn't a great recruiter and here, you need to be.

With that said, I would not say Simpson is better than Kuligowski...but, he might be better for us. We'll see moving forward. Kuligowski, with Bama, has not been a primary recruiter, but as a secondary recruiter, he's done good things for them. The DL haul for Alabama this year is crazy good, IMO. He just couldn't be that, for us. Plus, Kuligowski's coaching acumen - outside of the Clemson game - was pretty great this year. Quinnen Williams went from 3rd fiddle on his own DL to THE BEST iDL in the country. Unblockable. Buggs, Davis, and Mathis all look incredible, too, and played the best football of their career this season. The first three will be Top 45 picks in the draft when really, Davis was the only guy being mentioned as a top pick.

Kuligowski is one of the best teachers on the defensive line in all of college football. His resume is fantastic and at the college level, I'd say unrivaled.

But, you're right...he isn't a great recruiter and here, you need to be.

With that said, I would not say Simpson is better than Kuligowski...but, he might be better for us. We'll see moving forward. Kuligowski, with Bama, has not been a primary recruiter, but as a secondary recruiter, he's done good things for them. The DL haul for Alabama this year is crazy good, IMO. He just couldn't be that, for us. Plus, Kuligowski's coaching acumen - outside of the Clemson game - was pretty great this year. Quinnen Williams went from 3rd fiddle on his own DL to THE BEST iDL in the country. Unblockable. Buggs, Davis, and Mathis all look incredible, too, and played the best football of their career this season. The first three will be Top 45 picks in the draft when really, Davis was the only guy being mentioned as a top pick.
I could recruit for Alabama. So could you.

Advertisement
G

OMG, I'm moving to Iraq.
1547116823740.gif

Take as many dline & oline Miami caliber prospects as you possibly can EVERY single year. If 7 want in on each side you take them. Period. You’ll find skill guys. You need large numbers on the lines because most don’t pan out.

Advertisement
Back