Jaquaze sorrels question

Ya'll going a little crazy with my man Diaz. Like, you all are really comparing this man to Golden is laughable. Diaz has arguably the most disruptive defensive two years running, even with an offense that can't stay on the field. The defense has WAY moer overachievers and arguably the better coaches overall. We have one potential first rounder on offense while we have 5 on defense. Defense hasn't done anything to really fall out of favor. Point to the boys from AH or Briggs or Chatman, but you and I both know that those players are all missing something upstairs, save maybe PS2.

You **** right we want a certain mindset. Why the f--k woudnt we? Who has all the rings in sports recently??? Bama, GSW, Clemson, Patriots, Eagles, Spurs.....DRAMA FREE. As a Steelers fan I wonder every year how much the drama that perpetually surrounds our team kills our runs.

Why would I, as a coach, want to spend 50% of my time directing a players attitude? Why would I, as a player, want to play alongside someone that doesn't have his head on straight? If I am a coach, I want dogs. Dogs are players that are all business. Dogs are players that play through every whistle. Take coaching. Practice when no one is watching. Don't care about anything but this W and the league. I don't want Rambo Hunters, or Dennis Briggs', or anyone that is an obvious dramatic entity. No way should we waste time and resources baby siting children. Get men that don't f--k around and get things done. Period.
Diaz has not been all that great on field.We make average to below average qbs look like superstars. Unc was **** near on there 3rd string qb and he was making plays. He’s real slow to adjust at times and that screams “What i’m doing is right it’s everybody else”. Our defense struggles to get off the field on key 3rd down situations a lot. We got a lot of turnovers n the turnover chain was exciting but let’s not act like he’s been perfect.

Advertisement
There are only 3 FL 5 stars this year, and one of them is a WR, and another is Nolan Smith just saying.
Diaz def has it as does almost every coach who never played cfb. Paul Johnson. Chip Kelly. Mike Leach. Weiss when he was there.

I think Diaz is just never really got over what happened at Texas and is really weary of relinquishing too much control. Also, he's a cerebral type of guy, and those kind of people really, really, really hate playing the game. Especially with kids.

Diaz has not been all that great on field.We make average to below average qbs look like superstars. Unc was **** near on there 3rd string qb and he was making plays. He’s real slow to adjust at times and that screams “What i’m doing is right it’s everybody else”. Our defense struggles to get off the field on key 3rd down situations a lot. We got a lot of turnovers n the turnover chain was exciting but let’s not act like he’s been perfect.

Cool. Can't say I disagree with your points. Except the UNC Qb. Hard stop. 16/39 for less that 200 yards and 3 interceptions and I think about 6 sacks. HARD stop, lol. But my points were:

He ain't Golden.
His defense is top 10.
His players develop.
He knows his s--t.

Fair or naw?

Ya'll going a little crazy with my man Diaz. Like, you all are really comparing this man to Golden is laughable. Diaz has arguably the most disruptive defensive two years running, even with an offense that can't stay on the field. The defense has WAY moer overachievers and arguably the better coaches overall. We have one potential first rounder on offense while we have 5 on defense. Defense hasn't done anything to really fall out of favor. Point to the boys from AH or Briggs or Chatman, but you and I both know that those players are all missing something upstairs, save maybe PS2.

You **** right we want a certain mindset. Why the f--k woudnt we? Who has all the rings in sports recently??? Bama, GSW, Clemson, Patriots, Eagles, Spurs.....DRAMA FREE. As a Steelers fan I wonder every year how much the drama that perpetually surrounds our team kills our runs.

Why would I, as a coach, want to spend 50% of my time directing a players attitude? Why would I, as a player, want to play alongside someone that doesn't have his head on straight? If I am a coach, I want dogs. Dogs are players that are all business. Dogs are players that play through every whistle. Take coaching. Practice when no one is watching. Don't care about anything but this W and the league. I don't want Rambo Hunters, or Dennis Briggs', or anyone that is an obvious dramatic entity. No way should we waste time and resources baby siting children. Get men that don't f--k around and get things done. Period.
Patriots manage to win every year without superstar players (Tom Brady was an average amateur football player) but great coaching and great game planning, and halftime adjustments, Bad coaches can win with elite players, Elite coaches just need time!

Advertisement
Cool. Can't say I disagree with your points. Except the UNC Qb. Hard stop. 16/39 for less that 200 yards and 3 interceptions and I think about 6 sacks. HARD stop, lol. But my points were:

He ain't Golden.
His defense is top 10.
His players develop.
He knows his s--t.

Fair or naw?

You speak the truth.

Patriots manage to win every year without superstar players (Tom Brady was an average amateur football player) but great coaching and great game planning, and halftime adjustments, Bad coaches can win with elite players, Elite coaches just need time!
Yessir! Patriots have elite coaching, get rid of dramatic players, and game plan like gangbusters.

Advertisement
Diaz has a plan that he is going to stick to, regardless of stars. He wants a fast, attacking, and physical defense. If a DB can't or won't tackle he will not recruit him. He wants a quick and physical D front. So maybe he saw something in Munoz and Fuller that he liked more than Sorrels. Too many get caught up in the stars and physical traits of right now. I love what Diaz looks for. He looks for guys he can develop and will grow. Not guys already done growing. We need to relax on the defensive recruiting when we just signed a great class and have one of the most attacking defenses in the nation 2 years in a row. Something we clamored for for years with Golden.

He ain't Golden.
His defense is top 10.
His players develop.
He knows his s--t.

Fair or naw?
Don’t think anyone said he was Golden. Said he has some of the same tendicies. Defense wasn’t top 10 actually 38th in total defense. Top 10 in certain categories. Can get half credit for player development because our LB play is hit or miss at times. Doesn’t get credit for other positions. Him knowing his **** that’s an opinion. I think he thinks he knows more than he actually does. Not saying it’s not things to like about the D but I’m not crowning him either.

Last edited:
Defensive recruiting is a tad lost. Not as bad as the Golden era, but clearly lacking some recruiting firepower and direction. The comments about taking Fla 3 Stars, over Fla 5 stars is concerning (that logic does not really work here, only in nationwide recruits).

This is why I'm not a big fan of CMR calling plays, he just does not have the bandwidth to manage D effectively. Manny is great and a true asset, but not sure if he can be totally trusted yet to go rogue on everything D just yet.
Wtf does one thing have to do with another? Lmfaooo

Ive heard he is all Oregon. Close to a coach there from Florida still should have been on him same thing with Tyler Davis seems like all ive heard for months is either were bot talking to the kid anymore or the kid pretty much say we were late lol our D recruting is a$$ right now!
I’ve actually heard he’s not all Oregon anymore because they play a 3-4 and he wants to play 3-tech

Advertisement
That’s the whole point of the defense. High risk high reward.

Advertisement

He ain't Golden.
His defense is top 10.
His players develop.
He knows his s--t.

Fair or naw?

What defense being top 10? Diaz has never had a scoring defense or a total defense for Miami in the top 10.

Advertisement
Back