Jaquaze sorrels question

brock

All-American
Why aren’t we going after him harder? Back in than the spring it seemed like he was the top priority at dt and things were looking up and up with his recruitment and Miami. The kid has good size 6’3 290 and is a good football player(top 125 nationally). Had a really good performance at the opening in pads. None of the instate schools seem to be recruiting him. I think his top school is Oregon or South Carolina. What the fvck is the issue here? This could be one for the taking easily but who knows what they **** we are doing this cycle:unsure:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Defensive recruiting is a tad lost. Not as bad as the Golden era, but clearly lacking some recruiting firepower and direction. The comments about taking Fla 3 Stars, over Fla 5 stars is concerning (that logic does not really work here, only in nationwide recruits).

This is why I'm not a big fan of CMR calling plays, he just does not have the bandwidth to manage D effectively. Manny is great and a true asset, but not sure if he can be totally trusted yet to go rogue on everything D just yet.

2nd biggest mystery after Elam. This kid should’ve been on our commit list months ago. Something is up here, none of the “big dogs” are after him. By big dogs I mean the Big 3 and the SEC powers. A talented big man from the SE whose top schools are Oregon, USCe, and TAMU, something is up.

Advertisement
Ive heard he is all Oregon. Close to a coach there from Florida still should have been on him same thing with Tyler Davis seems like all ive heard for months is either were bot talking to the kid anymore or the kid pretty much say we were late lol our D recruting is a$$ right now!

There's only two possible answers to this one. He has somewhere he wants to go and has made that clear to coaches from whatever school, effevtively shutting his recruitment down. The only other possibility is grades, not saying he has an issue here, but that doesn't even typically stop schools as they will just place him somewhere.

Defensive recruiting is a tad lost. Not as bad as the Golden era, but clearly lacking some recruiting firepower and direction. The comments about taking Fla 3 Stars, over Fla 5 stars is concerning (that logic does not really work here, only in nationwide recruits).

This is why I'm not a big fan of CMR calling plays, he just does not have the bandwidth to manage D effectively. Manny is great and a true asset, but not sure if he can be totally trusted yet to go rogue on everything D just yet.
CIGD.gif

Some of these talented guys are not going to be recruited because the staff is looking for a different mind set. I don't know anything you guys don't. That is just the only thing I have heard here and elsewhere that makes any sense for guys like this and Elam. If you have a toxic locker room a la FSU last year you can have all the talent in the world, but you are going to crash and burn when it's time to lean on your brothers.

Advertisement
I agree with the "mindset" theory. Diaz seems like the type of guy that feels they got played like a fiddle last cycle by PS2 and Campbell who never really were "UM guys" mentally and doesn't want that to happen again.

I am just throwing **** out there but I agree its odd that certain guys they are just not going hard after and are dropping out of the race so early in the recruiting process. I mean its July and some top blue chip guys are already saying they haven't heard from our staff in months.

Coaches are looking for a certain mindset? Man look as a coach you instill certain things in a player. Yes some players already have it, but some you have to bring it out of them. I wonder how many of the people here actually played Football. It's no excuse dude should be committed to UM right now. Oregon? Who the **** is that compared to the U.

Our top targets seem to be

Tyler Davis
Jason Munoz - commit
Braylen Ingraham
Quashon Fuller
Jalar Holley
Denzel Daxon - commit

Maybe Sorrells didn’t show much interest when we tried to recruit him or Simpson just isn’t a fan of his film/game

Either way seems like the staff is fine with a class of Munoz, Ingraham, Daxon or Davis/Fuller/Holley

Advertisement
CMR dont call plays on D.

There's a tradeoff for everything. And when he has to spend time on OC duties, he has to spend less time managing the D. Effectively turning it over to Diaz who IMO is falling into some Goldenitis prioritizing blue collar SoFla 3 stars over 4-5 Star Diva SoFla kids. We need the Divas, some of this programs most successful players ever were Divas (e.g. Michael Irvin)

There's a tradeoff for everything. And when he has to spend time on OC duties, he has to spend less time managing the D. Effectively turning it over to Diaz who IMO is falling into some Goldenitis prioritizing blue collar SoFla 3 stars over 4-5 Star Diva SoFla kids. We need the Divas, some of this programs most successful players ever were Divas (e.g. Michael Irvin)
Definitely starting to get that “I’m smarter than everybody” Golden vibe from Diaz

Advertisement

There are only 3 FL 5 stars this year, and one of them is a WR, and another is Nolan Smith just saying.

Totally understand what you're saying here and I think it is happening a little with DBs but for DTs the following list is 4-5 Star caliber

Tyler Davis - High 4 Star
Jason Munoz - commit - High 3 Star that will prob get a Sr. year bump cause he was injured last year
Braylen Ingraham - 4 Star player
Quashon Fuller - 4 Star player
Jalar Holley - 3 Star wanted by $EC schools
Denzel Daxon - commit

Ya'll going a little crazy with my man Diaz. Like, you all are really comparing this man to Golden is laughable. Diaz has arguably the most disruptive defensive two years running, even with an offense that can't stay on the field. The defense has WAY moer overachievers and arguably the better coaches overall. We have one potential first rounder on offense while we have 5 on defense. Defense hasn't done anything to really fall out of favor. Point to the boys from AH or Briggs or Chatman, but you and I both know that those players are all missing something upstairs, save maybe PS2.

You **** right we want a certain mindset. Why the f--k woudnt we? Who has all the rings in sports recently??? Bama, GSW, Clemson, Patriots, Eagles, Spurs.....DRAMA FREE. As a Steelers fan I wonder every year how much the drama that perpetually surrounds our team kills our runs.

Why would I, as a coach, want to spend 50% of my time directing a players attitude? Why would I, as a player, want to play alongside someone that doesn't have his head on straight? If I am a coach, I want dogs. Dogs are players that are all business. Dogs are players that play through every whistle. Take coaching. Practice when no one is watching. Don't care about anything but this W and the league. I don't want Rambo Hunters, or Dennis Briggs', or anyone that is an obvious dramatic entity. No way should we waste time and resources baby siting children. Get men that don't f--k around and get things done. Period.

Why aren’t we going after him harder? Back in than the spring it seemed like he was the top priority at dt and things were looking up and up with his recruitment and Miami. The kid has good size 6’3 290 and is a good football player(top 125 nationally). Had a really good performance at the opening in pads. None of the instate schools seem to be recruiting him. I think his top school is Oregon or South Carolina. What the fvck is the issue here? This could be one for the taking easily but who knows what they **** we are doing this cycle:unsure:
Usually a bad sign when all 3 in-state schools dont want you

Advertisement
Back