Jaquan Johnson

LexCane55

Senior
Saw him play tonight vs South Dade. He played fantastic in leading Killian to a win over undefeated South Dade. He certainly seems to be close to 100%

He had several big hits. Laid out CJ Worton on a tough catch. He broke up a few passes headed to Worton and Brady

He had an Int in which he basically took the ball out of Brady's hands in the endzone

2nd time I have seen him play and he was extremely impressive. He is even playing a little offense despite it was said earlier he would only be playing D after returning from injury.

Advertisement
I was there as well. Kid just makes play, it's that simple. I'm glad to see he seems to be "back" after the injury

I was there, too. Johnson is definitely back. Looked very explosive on that hit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we have a shot with Johnson?

Yes, a great shot

69.gif

How did Brady do/look?

He looked ok. 2 catches for 40 something yards. Got the ball ripped out of his hands by Johnson on what would have been a TD

Honestly he hasnt played a lot of football and it shows imo

Worton is imo clearly South Dade's top WR

Prime time Johnson is legit!
As pete mentioned before, he is not a physical specimen with his tale of the tape, but he is Dade County's finest- plain and simple.

Advertisement
I've seen Brady twice this year, and even though his athleticism is obvious, I'm not crazy about his playing demeanor. He doesn't win balls like he should at his size. I've come away more impressed with Worton, Keaton and especially Nate Terry (who didn't play yesterday).

I've seen Brady twice this year, and even though his athleticism is obvious, I'm not crazy about his playing demeanor. He doesn't win balls like he should at his size. I've come away more impressed with Worton, Keaton and especially Nate Terry (who didn't play yesterday).

I have to agree with you about Brady. You can blame it on not playing a lot of football over the last few years but I could tell you it has always been the same with this kid. Has all the physical tools but just doesnt use them. Does not like to get physical

Advertisement
Is this the same 2015 Safety jaquan Johnson from Miami Killan HS that 247 Sports was saying he is a strong UF lean back in September, if so glad to hear UM has flipped the interest for a player of need in our backyard even if it is 2 yrs away.

I wish it was 2014 Safety Marques Gayot , but I am sure AG an staff will find a very good FS for the 2014 class.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back