Jaquan Johnson

Back to quan he doesn't have the range to play FS imo, hes better at SS

He has the range.

Not FS range

So, let's assume that is true. Who is our FS? I thought JJ was going to be our FS with Carter as SS.

Well carter is gone so no, jaquan has great IQ and can hit but he doesnt have the range to be a FS, he will produce at the SS spot more than carter

Advertisement
would love for one of you guys to break down exactly where you found Jaquan showing a lack of range. im doing a school project on this exact topic for a physics class, and any examples would be extremely helpful. thanks!

Advertisement
Back to quan he doesn't have the range to play FS imo, hes better at SS

He has the range.

Not FS range

So, let's assume that is true. Who is our FS? I thought JJ was going to be our FS with Carter as SS.

Well carter is gone so no, jaquan has great IQ and can hit but he doesnt have the range to be a FS, he will produce at the SS spot more than carter

You don't think he's talking about Amari Carter that's already on campus?

LOL

He has the range.

Not FS range

You don't think he's talking about Amari Carter that's already on campus?

LOL

LOL guess what he still cant play FS

I'll agree to disagree quan might not have the best range for a safety but his instincts and pursuit make up for it. I think this the year he takes that next step we'll see.

Advertisement
would love for one of you guys to break down exactly where you found Jaquan showing a lack of range. im doing a school project on this exact topic for a physics class, and any examples would be extremely helpful. thanks!

Seen the kid since high school, he doesnt have that range a FS needs to have, ive said since he was recruited hes a SS all the way, so having said that where is the proof that he can play FS? And has that range?

Watch it in the film or compare him to safeties with range....its an opinion I don't get y people get bent outta shape about it.

If someone thinks a guy is slow and says it people get upset....when we said Rodney Scott was slow people got upset same with dingle and they were slow period end of story. (Not accusing u of being those people). JJ at fs I don't like.....at ss yes.....my thing with JJ who I like and wanted is people said he's ed reeed which he's not so his hype went through the roof.
I hope he is ed well see.....if our front seven plays like last season or better those guys in the back four should look good, I mean j carter has no range and we did well with him back there cuz our front seven is ruthless.

Last edited:
I'll agree to disagree quan might not have the best range for a safety but his instincts and pursuit make up for it. I think this the year he takes that next step we'll see.

He is super smart and a student of the game so hoping he's a savage I don't mind being wrong if it makes us better

Watch it in the film or compare him to safeties with range....its an opinion I don't get y people get bent outta shape about it.

If someone thinks a guy is slow and says it people get upset....when we said Rodney Scott was slow people got upset same with dingle and they were slow period end of story. (Not accusing u of being those people). JJ at fs I don't like.....at ss yes.....my thing with JJ who I like and wanted is people said he's ed reeed which he's not so his hype went through the roof.
I hope he is ed well see.....if our front seven plays like last season or better those guys in the back four should look good, I mean j carter has no range and we did well with him back there cuz our front seven is ruthless.

I did and I see a kid with great instincts with the range to play FS.

Advertisement

Link?

I'm coo with that we got a dif opinion then

I'm coo with that we got a dif opinion then

Respect fam

Advertisement
i just googled jaquan johnson highlights and watched some of him in high school and college. i saw a lot of interceptions and making plays on the ball from all over the field. I saw speed and athleticism along with good instincts and a knack for coming up and making solid, fundamentally strong tackles. in addition, i saw him playing the free spot as a true freshman at miami. pretty impressive. but i saw nothing that gave me an indication that he was lacking the range needed to play the free safety position.

if you guys cant show me anything specific, that's okay. i dont think you're lying about your opinion. i just dont think you'll convince others of it either.

i just googled jaquan johnson highlights and watched some of him in high school and college. i saw a lot of interceptions and making plays on the ball from all over the field. I saw speed and athleticism along with good instincts and a knack for coming up and making solid, fundamentally strong tackles. in addition, i saw him playing the free spot as a true freshman at miami. pretty impressive. but i saw nothing that gave me an indication that he was lacking the range needed to play the free safety position.

if you guys cant show me anything specific, that's okay. i dont think you're lying about your opinion. i just dont think you'll convince others of it either.

Link?

IMO he can play both but I prefer him at FS. Jaquan is gonna have a break out year mark my words. He's a very instinctive player.. he can be a big time playmaker for us in the secondary. Seems like he is also very vocal which shows his leadership. My dawg Quan gonna ball out man, its time to eat and them boys ready believe that

Quan makes the most sense at FS, because if he's not playing FS, then Rome Finely or Amari Carter would be playing Free & they're best at SS.

Quan can play SS/Rover, but we need him for depth purposes at FS because his of Ball skills & instincts, the only thing he doesn't have is prototypical height & speed. (Not saying he's super slow, but he's not necessarily a blazer either)

At SS, we need a Banger that can come down in run support & also Blitz, Quan needs to be playing that same role as Tyrann Mathieu.

That long armed fast rangy FS we've all been waiting on, is actually in the 2018 class & that's Jobe or Frierson (I know the staff likes Gil at CB, but I think eventually he'll play FS, that kid was born to be a FS).

But, until those kids get here, we're gonna have to make due with what we got...

I know a lot of people like Red at FS, but apparently the staff is going to keep him at CB & move Mike Jackson to FS, because he's got more speed than Red.

I'm curious to see what Jeff James looks like in the Spring, I think he has the tools to be a good FS, he's just extremely raw & probably has some maturity issues.

Either way, the most important move of the offseason will be getting Dee Delaney, we get him & that will sure up a lot in our Secondary.

Advertisement
Back