JaQuan Johnson will return to school

First round?

If he performs like he has in 2018... not this draft coming up but the next draft in 2019 he could go in the first round... you see it otherwise?
I do. I don’t think he’s a first round safety even next year. I would be ecstatic to be wrong, but that’s how I see it.

A lot of Canes will not be pros, even the good ones, and even fewer will be first round - even the good ones.
You do realize that J Johnson is statistically the number one defensive player on the squad, and now that he decided to stay and barring any injuries, he should have a better year next year with more experience. You say a lot of Canes are not going to be pros, but I'm not taking about just any Cane... he's a beast!!!!!
I get all that. But, first round is a tall order. 19 DBs we’re drafted in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft in 2017 and they shaded towards the bigger DBs that are now in favor and/or had eye-popping measurables.

It’s not all about game film/tape (video!!!) anymore.

Ok... Johnson is 5'11" not a midget. Go look at the World Champion Patriots lineup. There defensive backs average 5'11", they even have some 5'10". Given his level of play, I think he will be very sought after. Even if he goes early second round he's in the money.
Since we won't know for some time it's just speculation... and speculation is just that. That's why people make bets... but now we'll argue about the odds... LOL

Advertisement
View attachment 55926
Next draft he's first round mula.
First round?

If he performs like he has in 2018... not this draft coming up but the next draft in 2019 he could go in the first round... you see it otherwise?
I do. I don’t think he’s a first round safety even next year. I would be ecstatic to be wrong, but that’s how I see it.

A lot of Canes will not be pros, even the good ones, and even fewer will be first round - even the good ones.

I care more about his impact for this defense and team next season more than him improving his stock or not.

The guy is one he'll of player for this team and will be a better one come next season.

Advertisement
Back