Jaquan Johnson & Tracy Howard......

If Tracy could come back to that sophomore year form but improved. I'm sure he could be all-ACC 1st team. Here's hoping and praying for a rebound season.

maybe if he doesn't end up in golden's doghouse again for no apparent reason.

What "doghouse?" Bottom line is he was outplayed regularly by Corn Elder, so Corn got a lot of his playing time.

Advertisement
If Tracy could come back to that sophomore year form but improved. I'm sure he could be all-ACC 1st team. Here's hoping and praying for a rebound season.

What form are you speaking of?

He is doing what he is asked. ****es me off that he constantly gets thrown under the bus in the papers. I laughed he got blamed on the long TD in the bowl game when he was in the exact position he was supposed to be in. Crawford blew his assignment on an already terrible defensive play call and Howard gets the blame in the papers.

That was one play. All year he miffed on many tackles. Elder, on the other hand did a much better job tackling, and so he was given a lot more playing time.

Advertisement

What "doghouse?" Bottom line is he was outplayed regularly by Corn Elder, so Corn got a lot of his playing time.

yes because corn elder was lights out amazing last year. in fact all of our CB's were amazing last year to the point where only two of them had ints, Howard being one of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

yes because corn elder was lights out amazing last year. in fact all of our CB's were amazing last year to the point where only two of them had ints, Howard being one of them.

Never said he was amazing, so nice strawman argument there. Doesn't change the fact that Howard's loss of playing time had nothing to do with a "doghouse" but the fact that he was outplayed by Elder.

Never said he was amazing, so nice strawman argument there. Doesn't change the fact that Howard's loss of playing time had nothing to do with a "doghouse" but the fact that he was outplayed by Elder.

youre elder argument is subjective. don't personally believe elder is better than Howard. howard isn't being used correctly. He's a bump and run corner who is being asked to play deep zones. elder doesn't have the ball skills howard does. elder is just a better tackler. difficult to make a sound judgement of anyone in our secondary due to this scheme. what other team do you know where the db's have just as many sacks at the dline. it's remarkable how inept this scheme is. the most flaccid version of a 34 defense i have ever witnessed.

If the defensive line provide more pressure, Golden adjust and incorporate more man coverage, and Williams get fired or put more emphasis on playing the ball, this secondary can be sick.

Advertisement
Back