Jaquan Johnson & Tracy Howard......

deerob305

Junior
@CanesFootball
Jaquan Johnson and Tracy Howard ready to get to work!pic.twitter.com/3Rxy9bDmeh
B6x8ETpCEAAlq5h.jpg

I think these 2 will have a Special year.. Tracy All-ACC 2nd team, and Jaquan Freshman All American

Advertisement
If Tracy could come back to that sophomore year form but improved. I'm sure he could be all-ACC 1st team. Here's hoping and praying for a rebound season.

Advertisement
If Tracy could come back to that sophomore year form but improved. I'm sure he could be all-ACC 1st team. Here's hoping and praying for a rebound season.

maybe if he doesn't end up in golden's doghouse again for no apparent reason.

It will be Tracy and Burns on the Corner with Bush n Johnson/Jenkins fighting for the other S spot....

What form are you speaking of?

He is doing what he is asked. ****es me off that he constantly gets thrown under the bus in the papers. I laughed he got blamed on the long TD in the bowl game when he was in the exact position he was supposed to be in. Crawford blew his assignment on an already terrible defensive play call and Howard gets the blame in the papers.

He is doing what he is asked. ****es me off that he constantly gets thrown under the bus in the papers. I laughed he got blamed on the long TD in the bowl game when he was in the exact position he was supposed to be in. Crawford blew his assignment on an already terrible defensive play call and Howard gets the blame in the papers.

Yeah it was actually Owens that let his man go. Only real blame on Howard was not making the tackle down the field.

Advertisement

Yeah it was actually Owens that let his man go. Only real blame on Howard was not making the tackle down the field. The man had an off season, like a lot of other players on this team, everybody is quick to give up on him already. Hopefully he can bounce back, he had shown improvement in his SO year from his FR.

Yeah it was actually Owens that let his man go. Only real blame on Howard was not making the tackle down the field. The man had an off season, like a lot of other players on this team, everybody is quick to give up on him already. Hopefully he can bounce back, he had shown improvement in his SO year from his FR.

We were in cover 3, like we sit back most of the game in. Owens was suppose to let him go. Bush walked up into the box and Crawford for some reason didn't rotate to the middle of the field. The whole short side of the field was a cluster****. Tracy was one of the only ones doing his job and then he got blamed for his "lack of speed", even though he was stride for stride with his deep responsibility.

this s*it gotta be on the football board now boys he's no longer a recruit, he's a part of the team now. haven't been this excited about an incoming freshman in a long time.

Advertisement

That wasn't his fault at all. He actually left his assignment to address that blown coverage. Unfortunately he didn't make the tackle where he was at a disadvantage.

I always felt his lack of athleticism would affect his collegiate production, however I didn't think he would be garbage just not the number 1 rank corner. That being said Louchez Purifoy and Marcus Roberson both ran close to 4.7 and they made plays. The kid is good enough to be an all-acc type player and a 4th round draft pick with a long nfl career. The staff isn't uding him well.

Would love to see Tracey put in some really hard work(like this is your last season type hard work) in the weight room and on the track this off season to improve his strength, speed and maybe add a few pounds.

Would also(more importantly) like to see our coaches allow more man to man and less soft zone.

Phillip Dorsett and Duke Johnson's bodies just looked different this year, you could tell they put in that extra work, that IMO is what Tracey Howard and especially Stacey Coley need to do this off season if they truly want to reach their potential and improve their draft stock.

And if Yearby could add 10 lbs and Grace 10-15 lbs while maintaining their speed it would be huge for us next season.

Advertisement
Would love to see Tracey put in some really hard work(like this is your last season type hard work) in the weight room and on the track this off season to improve his strength, speed and maybe add a few pounds.

Would also(more importantly) like to see our coaches allow more man to man and less soft zone.

Phillip Dorsett and Duke Johnson's bodies just looked different this year, you could tell they put in that extra work, that IMO is what Tracey Howard and especially Stacey Coley need to do this off season if they truly want to reach their potential and improve their draft stock.

And if Yearby could add 10 lbs and Grace 10-15 lbs while maintaining their speed it would be huge for us next season.

This

Burns should be playing safety. Stop rotating 4 corners every series and play Tracy elder and Crawford the whole game.

Burns / Gunter should have been playing safety all year this year.

We put Fentress at safety and left good DBs on the bench because the staff can't evaluate and utilize talent properly.

Would not mind seeing Burns and Bush at Safety(always felt that was Burns' natural position) backed up by Rayshawn Jenkins, Jamal Carter, Jaquan Johnson and Dallas Crawford, but Jenkins will most likely start opposite Bush unless Jaquan just comes in and takes over, and Burns will stay at CB.

Safety depth looks great this year, and I expect a big jump up in performance by Carter and Crawford after getting their feet wet this year.

CB should be strong too with 4 solid CBs with plenty of experience in Tracey Howard, Corn Elder(could blow up next year), Artie Burns and Antonio Crawford.

The biggest problem here is Paul Williams and Mark Onofrio.

This group of elite DBs should be looking a **** of a lot more elite. WTF!?!

Advertisement
Back