Jaquan Johnson Sophmore Season Highlights

Advertisement
One of my absolute favorite players on the team, the kid is a young leader & true Beast...

Had a good season for us last year & I expect him to have an even bigger season this year.

Has the best instincts of all of the DB's & can just flat out ball... Kid is always getting better & that's what you love to see from players, guys who just stay consistent & continue to improve each year.

Last edited:
Seems like he should be playing close to the LOS with how well he tackles.

Need to hope that Redwine, Carter or whoever can emerge at free safety.

Advertisement
He is going to be a really good SS this upcoming season. He will be playing the Jamal Carter position but he will bring much better coverage ability.

"We felt he had the skill set to do some of the same things that Rashawn Jenkins did at the field safety position.” -- Manny Diaz on Redwine

My history's a little hazy Cassius, but doesn't field safety basically imply that they want Redwine to try playing free safety?

Hes one of those guys that needs to take that quantum leap for us next year. He's a JR now. Time to bust a move and be the leader and playmaker for this secondary that we all knew he would be as a 4 time 1st team All Dade selection out of HS.

If Redwine can take to the FS position we could have a very sold safety tandem. Those two have been playing together for years and that chemistry should pay off for them.

Advertisement
Quantum Leap was an awesome show.

Jaquan, Chad, Walton, Redwine, DJack, Vaughn, Mullins, Jojo....love to see the Dade Co. boys out there flying around making plays.

Advertisement
The strong safety position is his best position..... allows him to make plays in space but also down hill in the box.

Very excited about the potential of Sheldrick Redwine at FS with Jaquan Johnson at SS.

Advertisement
Kid is gonna ball out.

Beastly front 7 in front of him will allow him to use his strength, instincts.

Cant wait.

One of my absolute favorite players on the team, the kid is a young leader & true Beast...

Had a good season for us last year & I expect him to have an even bigger season this year.

Has the best instincts of all of the DB's & can just flat out ball... Kid is always getting better & that's what you love to see from players, guys who just stay consistent & continue to improve each year.
[TWEET]927185021072564226[/TWEET]

[TWEET]927185021072564226[/TWEET]

Great game from our guy Jaquan. He is really starting to come into his own. Happy to see the leadership role wasn't too much for him and hasn't had a negative effect on his play. This young man is embracing all things Cane. Couldn't be happier for Jaquan. He's one of the hometown leaders this program desperately needed to stay home.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back