Jaquan Johnson Player Profile South Florida Express

Advertisement
Advertisement
During last week’s visit to UM, the coaching staff made it clear how big a priority he is for the Hurricanes. Johnson took in a spring practice and stayed for a barbecue that UM hosted following the session.

“The practice was intense,” Johnson said. “The players were getting after it from the beginning. I was able to talk with coach Al Golden, coach Paul Williams, coach Mark D’Onofrio, and coach Micheal Barrow. Their main message to me was that I can play right away if I earn it. They said they really want me to stay home and be a Hurricane.”

Johnson says the UM coaching staff wants to bring him and Westminster Christian athlete Tim Irvin at safety in the 2015 class.

“Miami said they want Me and Tim Irvin at safety together,” Johnson said. “That means a lot that they think that highly of us. There are a lot of good safeties in Florida and I take pride in that. Me and Tim want to play together, but if we end up going different places, that will be how it goes. We have known each other since we played together in the seventh grade for the Richmond Giants and won a National Championship.”

Johnson enjoyed spending time with the defensive coaching staff.

“Me and my coach went upstairs and talked football with some of the UM coaches,” Johnson said. “We just went through some schemes and just talked the basics of football, which was nice. It was cool to be able to do that with them.”

Johnson also spent time with current UM players Deon Bush, Tracy Howard, and Antonio Crawford during the barbecue.

“They just tell me to come out and represent our city,” Johnson said. “They say they love it there. They want me to be a part of their team next year. They are always great guys to talk with.”

Johnson was impressed by the way Miami practiced last week.

“I remember seeing them last year and this was just a lot more intense,” Johnson said. “I can tell they are an older group and they are just more confident and going harder. Everybody is on the same page and the defense is going to get better. Everybody was running to the ball.”

Johnson took visits to UCF and USF last week. He plans to visit Alabama on April 19th and see Florida State in the near future.

“I went to Alabama my ninth grade year,” Johnson said. “They talk to me often. I hear from them almost every day.”

Florida is Miami’s biggest competition at this point in Johnson’s recruitment. He has built a strong connection with UF defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson.

“They said I am at the top of their board and they want me bad. Coach T-Rob is my main recruiter. He is a cool dude. He is like one of us, so that is why we connect so good. He is like a teenager, but we know he is still the authority.”

Johnson says he is going to take his time with his recruitment and he doesn’t have a timetable on when he would like to commit.

“I am taking my time with it right now,” Johnson said. “I might start narrowing things during the summer. I will commit when it feels right.”

I respect the **** out of this kid. He doesn't play the games and tells it how it is. Hope the franchise ends up at the U!

Advertisement
Hes comin, im hoping soon, will bring in a lot of kids

You say "he's comin" with just about every local recruit. Yet you provide no insight. Honestly it is pretty annoying because you don't kno ****.

Lmao you are annoyed because i say a kid is coming lol, chill out dude

You provide zero credible info... But he comin right?

So every person that says cane lock, he ours, stuff like that should provide where their info is coming from? I never said i had inside info i just say he coming and if you read the work pete agrees too

Advertisement
During last week’s visit to UM, the coaching staff made it clear how big a priority he is for the Hurricanes. Johnson took in a spring practice and stayed for a barbecue that UM hosted following the session.

“The practice was intense,” Johnson said. “The players were getting after it from the beginning. I was able to talk with coach Al Golden, coach Paul Williams, coach Mark D’Onofrio, and coach Micheal Barrow. Their main message to me was that I can play right away if I earn it. They said they really want me to stay home and be a Hurricane.”

Johnson says the UM coaching staff wants to bring him and Westminster Christian athlete Tim Irvin at safety in the 2015 class.

“Miami said they want Me and Tim Irvin at safety together,” Johnson said. “That means a lot that they think that highly of us. There are a lot of good safeties in Florida and I take pride in that. Me and Tim want to play together, but if we end up going different places, that will be how it goes. We have known each other since we played together in the seventh grade for the Richmond Giants and won a National Championship.”

Johnson enjoyed spending time with the defensive coaching staff.

“Me and my coach went upstairs and talked football with some of the UM coaches,” Johnson said. “We just went through some schemes and just talked the basics of football, which was nice. It was cool to be able to do that with them.”

Johnson also spent time with current UM players Deon Bush, Tracy Howard, and Antonio Crawford during the barbecue.

“They just tell me to come out and represent our city,” Johnson said. “They say they love it there. They want me to be a part of their team next year. They are always great guys to talk with.”

Johnson was impressed by the way Miami practiced last week.

“I remember seeing them last year and this was just a lot more intense,” Johnson said. “I can tell they are an older group and they are just more confident and going harder. Everybody is on the same page and the defense is going to get better. Everybody was running to the ball.”

Johnson took visits to UCF and USF last week. He plans to visit Alabama on April 19th and see Florida State in the near future.

“I went to Alabama my ninth grade year,” Johnson said. “They talk to me often. I hear from them almost every day.”

Florida is Miami’s biggest competition at this point in Johnson’s recruitment. He has built a strong connection with UF defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson.

“They said I am at the top of their board and they want me bad. Coach T-Rob is my main recruiter. He is a cool dude. He is like one of us, so that is why we connect so good. He is like a teenager, but we know he is still the authority.”

Johnson says he is going to take his time with his recruitment and he doesn’t have a timetable on when he would like to commit.

“I am taking my time with it right now,” Johnson said. “I might start narrowing things during the summer. I will commit when it feels right.”

229.gif

Dang man, this T Rob guys does some amazing work getting dbs to come there. They got VH3, Jalen Tobar, JC Jackson. Just straight studs.

Advertisement
Yeah, as much as I detest uf, I give credit where it's due... T Rob does a phenomenal job recruiting studs

Much respect.

Advertisement
Back