Jaquan Johnson play

brock

All-American
He may not be the best athlete but he’s a football player and plays with heart. He has been very consistent this year in both the run and the passing game. He’s having a great year
He had again over 11 tackles vs unc,if Jaquan didn’t force this rb to redirect that’s a House call for td. Great hustle by him and mcintosh.
He also tackled their qb very physical to stop them on 3rd down and caused pressure on the qb when cj perry caught that int
[TWEET]924696337454718979[/TWEET]

Advertisement
That play alone shows he's a very impressive athlete. He's not a 4.3 guy but like Bandy he has legit 4.5 speed.

Johnson's biggest issue is he's not the physical presence at safety that Jenkins was. Ideally he's a nickel, like he was last year.

Props to him though, he's gotten better every week and might be the guy we can least afford to lose on D.

That play alone shows he's a very impressive athlete. He's not a 4.3 guy but like Bandy he has legit 4.5 speed.

Johnson's biggest issue is he's not the physical presence at safety that Jenkins was. Ideally he's a nickel, like he was last year.

Props to him though, he's gotten better every week and might be the guy we can least afford to lose on D.

Agreed completely. JJ is critical to our secondary. Last week when he went down and the TV Broadcast wasn't showing him I was having a panic attack.

I think he’s been very physical this year especially in the last 3 games

He has turned it around a bit and has been really good...Him and Redwine aint as bad tandem.
Johnson has been on of the better players on our d.

Advertisement
He's leading the team in tackles, and he's been a rock in the middle even if he isn't a thumper and hes yet to be a huge ballhawk. Our defensive backfield is way better than I thought it would be this year, and should be straight up sick next year. JJ is the glue holding that group together. He's our toolbox at the back of the D.

Jaquan is more of a 4.6 guy.

Advertisement
McCloud good god man

Follows one of his own guys into the incorrect gap, and then just kind of chills behind him for a second

On the off chance that the runner had gone straight into the defender, does McCloud think he had a more advantageous point of tackle from behind his own man? Wouldn't filling the empty gap and then gang tackling from the side make more sense?

It's dumbfounding, man

He has turned it around a bit and has been really good...Him and Redwine aint as bad tandem.
Johnson has been on of the better players on our d.
They are both solid players but many of the big runs against us can be traced back to a missed tackle or misplay but one of these guys. Keep cleaning it up and they can be really good.

Most impressive thing about that play was McIntosh. He was blocked to the ground initially and still caught up to make a play. FREAK.

Last edited:
Advertisement
On the first series, JJ sniffed out a WR bubble right at the snap. He saw the alignment and made a b-line straight to the WR and made a solo tackle. Because of his instincts NC never had a chance to block him.

Everyone has gotten better on defense....

Except the LBs which I’m throwing the buck on Diaz holy **** at these boys looking worse than their true frosh season

Advertisement

Except the LBs which I’m throwing the buck on Diaz holy **** at these boys looking worse than their true frosh season

Yea..they seem to be thinking way too( hesitant) much this year...let them get up field and attack the football!

Pinckney has been very good. Shaq has been ok. McCloud has his head in the mcclouds or something.

Advertisement
Back