Jaquan Johnson-Most Exciting Player

ddann

Sophomore
According to ESPN:
"Johnson spent a lot of time either wearing the Turnover Chain or doing things to allow others to wear it in 2017. He had four interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries to go along with a team-leading 96 tackles. The All-America candidate returns to lead a Miami defense featuring playmakers at all three levels." -- Rittenberg

The most exciting player for each Top 25 team

I will say this, one of the LBs needs to step up and become the team-leading tackler. A safety shouldn't have that title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's the Rover, he play more around the line of scrimmage (mirroring the QB)!! Redwine is the deep Safety..

If we see and improvement from JJ this season (from last season), MIAMI'S defense could be one the best in the country.. JJ is the heart of this defense, if he's better the whole defense will be better and our Dog D is back!!

Advertisement
"Johnson spent a lot of time either wearing the Turnover Chain or doing things to allow others to wear it in 2017. He had four interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries to go along with a team-leading 96 tackles. The All-America candidate returns to lead a Miami defense featuring playmakers at all three levels." -- Rittenberg

Normally the ****** content that comes from ESPN, is **** near unreadable. This, however, is spot on!

According to ESPN:

I will say this, one of the LBs needs to step up and become the team-leading tackler. A safety shouldn't have that title.

I feel like I remember seeing an article about how some defenses are designed to have the safety lead the team in tackles. I could be totally mistaken. Nevertheless, the linebackers do need to step up, at least be more consistent.

According to ESPN:

Yeah, it's cool to see JJ doing so well, but something's wrong when a safety leads the team in tackles.

Advertisement
It's time fans start giving JJ the credit he's due. Right now he's the best player on the Miami football team.
Consider me in 100% agreement.

Take away recruiting rankings, expectations, measurables, etc, and just look at performance, and JJ is your clear cut most productive (& best,IMO) player

Deejay Dallas is our most exciting player IMO.
Based on what? I get it he’s a solid back but he’s not better than homer. At least right now he isn’t. I except him to be a great complimentary piece behind homer and a receiving threat out of the backfield but I dont Think he will steal carries from homer

Last edited:
Based on what? I get If he’s a solid back but he’s not better than homer. At least right now he isn’t. I except him to be a great complimentary piece behind homer and a receiving threat out of the backfield but I dont Think he will steal carries from homer
I said he was the most exciting. Every time he touches the ball something unexpected happens.

Advertisement
Consider me in 100% agreement.

Take away recruiting rankings, expectations, measurables, etc, and just look at performance, and JJ is your clear cut most productive (& best,IMO) player

I love JJ he made a lot of tremendous plays last season that were momentum type game changing plays. Of course you always want players to improve from last season but even if he has a similar season I am quite alright with that especially with Redwine showing that he is progressing at the other safety spot. Where JJ lacks in measurables he by far makes up for it in heart. He is the heart and soul of the defense. I remember the team talking about how moving his pre game speech was. Not a coach who’s job is to motivate, a player on the team did that. I don’t think we have had such a team motivator like him since Ed Reed. Plus wasn’t JJ dubbed the best player in DADE COUNTY ALL 4 YEARS OF HIS HIGH SCHOOL CAREER? With that being said I agree whole heartedly that there should be no way on Gods green Earth that he should be leading the team in tackles. The linebackers need to step it up a few notches next year.

Based on what? I get it he’s a solid back but he’s not better than homer. At least right now he isn’t. I except him to be a great complimentary piece behind homer and a receiving threat out of the backfield but I dont Think he will steal carries from homer

Deejay Dallas is probably the most versatile player on the team. But that doesn't mean he's the most exciting player on the team.

As for JJ, if he improves over what he did last season then he will easily be one of the best defenders in the nation. He has already exceeded the expectations of many on here. I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves. I always like to see a Killian Cougar do well with the Canes.

Advertisement
Back