January 4th 2020 Duke vs Miami (8 pm) pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That was pretty bad. The defense, marone'. Why play defense on Carey? Just try to knock him unconscious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not really breaking any new ground that we’re not good enough defensively. This is also the type of game that requires DJ and especially Lykes to be great offensively, and they’ve been fairly average.

Advertisement
It's like they get worse on defense every week. This time we play someone with an insane talent and he is just raping us.

When you don't have numerous big bodies, and some of those iffy bodies are starting to break down physically, this is what happens. It's already tough for a school like Miami to find legitimate bigs in the first place(Skilled bigs are more concentrated at the power schools more so than ever thanks to the 1 and done rule), and when you miss on some guys, it hurts more.

Miami has to find a way to speed the game up and eliminate the major advantage Duke has and that's their insane size and length. Press if you have to, do something, because Duke will just grind Miami into submission at this rate. Anyone can make a layup, especially if there's no one near the rim to challenge. Miami also needs Lykes to get hot, I mean really, really hot. Miami turns this into a track meet, maybe it can be stolen. Game isn't out of hand yet, but the first 4 minutes of the second half will tell the tale. Miami chips away at the lead, maybe something can happen. If Duke extends it, then it's all over.

I know that. Not blaming Coach L but put Carey on Miami we are top 15 team

Exactly. When a school invests so much into the basketball program, there are easily seen results, and a legacy kid still turns you down to go in conference to a school that you've beaten on a regular basis, it's frustrating. Barring Miami going out and overspending for the biggest coaching name available, I don't know what more you can do. L is everything you want in a college coach: Good teacher, accessible, experienced, and has shown the ability to maximize the talent on the roster. Yet, these kids are still lining up to go to Duke, to be the latest cog.

I can't wait until they end this "One and Done" garbage, maybe it will prevent schools like Duke, Kentucky and others from basically reloading every **** year. Either that, or Miami has to hope that what happened to Villanova, happens here. You hit on some guys that want to come and develop and you maximize those runs.

Advertisement
Back