January 4th 2020 Duke vs Miami (8 pm) pregame predictions, game thread and post game reactions.

I didn’t expect to win this game, but a 33 point loss is extremely pathetic. We’ve been blown out of all 4 of our losses.

what was most concerning to me is how little effort and resistance we came out with to start the second half. It looked like we had already quit when the game was still within reach. Pathetic effort from the players and the coaching staff tonight.

Advertisement
As an aside, as I've been saying since October, we suck and this season was thrown away with roster mismanagement. If the coaching staff wrote the season off by thinking Rodney Miller Jr. was the answer for having no bigs, they don't deserve my time and support as a fan. It's pathetic. By the way, this is in no way a criticism of the players.

Time for Jim to retire.

I agree, both hurt us. It might be time for coach L to step aside but that is another conversation.
Nah. We are going to be a good team next year. The Adfidas garbage set the program back 2 years. On another note, Duke the best team I have seen this year. They are better than they were last year.

I think it is time for Coach L to retire. The last two seasons have shown a complete mismanagement of the roster, complete inability to recruit at the Center position, very little development of the players, and in many games a complete lack of effort by the players. Miller is a complete disaster playing Center. He only had 3 rebounds today. He is our center (Tall and Fat) and he can't box out anyone for a rebound. To expect to compete in the ACC with guys like Miller and Gak at Center is completely idiotic by coach L. His assistant coaches are terrible and I think he is mailing it in himself at this point. This team is going to lose a lot of games in the ACC this season, so get ready for another ugly final record. For God's sake, play Walker more! He is a front court player that has talent and needs to develop for next season, which he is not going to do on the bench. Wong has been a complete waste of time also so far, please get an assistant coach in her that can develop point guards.

Advertisement
I think it is time for Coach L to retire. The last two seasons have shown a complete mismanagement of the roster, complete inability to recruit at the Center position, very little development of the players, and in many games a complete lack of effort by the players. Miller is a complete disaster playing Center. He only had 3 rebounds today. He is our center (Tall and Fat) and he can't box out anyone for a rebound. To expect to compete in the ACC with guys like Miller and Gak at Center is completely idiotic by coach L. His assistant coaches are terrible and I think he is mailing it in himself at this point. This team is going to lose a lot of games in the ACC this season, so get ready for another ugly final record. For God's sake, play Walker more! He is a front court player that has talent and needs to develop for next season, which he is not going to do on the bench. Wong has been a complete waste of time also so far, please get an assistant coach in her that can develop point guards.

This is it. Our inability to recruit and develop front court players kills us every year in conference play. We struck gold with JG, Kadji, and Reggie. Other than that Tonye has been our best guy, which is an absolute joke.

Yeah it was his fault that the Adidas BS killed the recruiting for 2 years, Ir was also his fault that Huell was declared ineligible before the start of last season. Coach L will finish out his contract. We have a very good recruiting class coming in and with the returning players, we should be very good next season.

Advertisement
Yeah it was his fault that the Adidas BS killed the recruiting for 2 years, Ir was also his fault that Huell was declared ineligible before the start of last season. Coach L will finish out his contract. We have a very good recruiting class coming in and with the returning players, we should be very good next season.

There is no defending L on his roster mismanagement this season. Leaving scholarships open (again) when it bit us last season. Not applying for a waiver for Brooks. Not realizing how bad we were going to be up front when it was obvious to everybody. This isn't 20/20 hindsight. We all saw this coming and apparently he either didn't, or for whatever reason decided to throw in the towel before the season started. Even giving him his well earned benefit of the doubt, his management for this season was inexcusable atrocious.

There is no defending L on his roster mismanagement this season. Leaving scholarships open (again) when it bit us last season. Not applying for a waiver for Brooks. Not realizing how bad we were going to be up front when it was obvious to everybody. This isn't 20/20 hindsight. We all saw this coming and apparently he either didn't, or for whatever reason decided to throw in the towel before the season started. Even giving him his well earned benefit of the doubt, his management for this season was inexcusable atrocious.

He definitely punted the season before it started, but I also think he expected the freshman to be better.

He definitely punted the season before it started, but I also think he expected the freshman to be better.

These freshmen remind me of Haith era players like Asbury that were completely unprepared for ACC basketball.freshman year. When you choose not to use all of your scholarships, that can't happen.

Advertisement
we quit early on in the second half last night. There was poor body language (pouting, hands on hips) and duke was beating us to every hustle play

I heard Coach L say something like Brooks is sitting out this year so that he can 'learn the system.' Surely, got to be more to it than that. It isn't like we didn't need him this season.

Advertisement
Rather have Brooks next year, then this year. Chances are he wasnt getting a waiver and how do you know Brooks wanted one?

Rather have Brooks next year, then this year. Chances are he wasnt getting a waiver and how do you know Brooks wanted one?

The first sentence makes no sense unless there is a reason why we should throw away a season. Players like Brooks are available often, he is not a rare talent and this transfer mess is only getting bigger (for NCAA players/bigger pool). Perhaps if we used more scholarships we would have more players/talent.

Why wouldn’t he get a waiver? At least one other player got one on Cinn (leaving Cinn) and he was much younger. Nothing is guaranteed but we didn’t even apply.

Advertisement
Back