Jan 22nd Elite weekend

Advertisement
You know every coach does this right, even Manny & Golden, and I'm pretty sure Mario knows better than you.
I think its a misnomer when we frame life with only two options . . . same applies to recruiting. There are more than two outcomes possible! Is it heaven or **** only? Right or wrong? Blue lives or black lives? Liberal or conservative? It is disappointing when people are so narrow minded.

The problem is, when you miss on the "elite" recruits, and with Bama, UGA, USC, LSU, ND, OSU*, aTm all vying for them as well, you're gonna miss on the majority. And you need the 3* to fall back on. The 3* players like Greg Rousseau, Zion Nelson, and David Njoku. And not only are you ****ing of the 3* recruit you're not inviting, you're also ****ing off his coach too.
FB_IMG_1632651533603.jpg

Naming this camp "Elite" is a bad idea. You're either going to:

1. Invite every single recruit that's on the radar, even low 3-stars, which will make the camp "elite" in name only.

or

2. Keep it a truly elite camp with only 5 and high 4 stars, alienating lesser rated players. Basically spurning them causing them to look elsewhere out of spite.
Respectfully...you are way overthinking this thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm making a wish list of 12 prospects for 2022. I'll consider 10 of them showing up to be a perfect score, 9 an A-, and so on...
Shemar Stewart
Josh Conerly, Jr.
Christen Miller or Darris Smith
Jovantae Barnes or Trevonte Citizen
Dave Iuli
TJ Dudley
Jahlil Florence
Gracen Halton
R. Mason Thomas
Ahmad Moten
Updating - maybe this should be in its own thread, if the Jan 22 event is for 2023s, but I want to keep tabs on these recruits as January visitors ...

VISITING JANUARY 14
Dave Iuli
Jahlil Florence
Gracen Halton

NO DATE
Shemar Stewart
Josh Conerly, Jr.
Trevonte Citizen or Jovantae Barnes (committing 1/2/22, probably not to UM)
TJ Dudley
R. Mason Thomas
Ahmad Moten

Advertisement
Updating - maybe this should be in its own thread, if the Jan 22 event is for 2023s, but I want to keep tabs on these recruits as January visitors ...

VISITING JANUARY 14
Dave Iuli
Jahlil Florence
Gracen Halton

NO DATE
Shemar Stewart
Josh Conerly, Jr.
Trevonte Citizen or Jovantae Barnes (committing 1/2/22, probably not to UM)
TJ Dudley
R. Mason Thomas
Ahmad Moten
I love how almost all of these targets are in the trenches. Offensive linemen and defensive lineman. Both rooms need an injection of talent. Mario working!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back