Jan 20 at Syracuse noon ESPN2

Advertisement
Dude you’re running around saying how bad and dumb this team is.
Absolutely are. It hasn’t been a great coaching job by L either. Doesn’t mean I want him gone.

Do what he’s done at a school not known for basketball and I think he’s earned the right to be trusted to straighten this out going into next year

Awful coaching, George has two guys trying to screen for him thst he has to give the ball up. Coach L needed to burn a time out there
It should have been George or Pack as options 1 or 2, then cleveland or wooga...Joseph would have been the last guy u want taking a shot on the final possession outside of Nwoko...makes me sick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
should have gotten 2 possessions at the end of the game instead of one. You can't run the shot clock down the last possession, just can't. On top of that, Joseph can't take the last shot under any circumstances. Coach has to put a lid on this anyone can shoot, whenever they want. Margin for error is way to small for this team to take this many bad shots.

Beating a dead horse but it would be nice to return most of these guys with the class coming in and go Sign some portal size. If next year is a flop, coach L will be running on fumes
A few of them should return to be honest with the NBA draft only being 2 rounds. I'm not seeing a bunch of draftable guys but it's miami so they will leave to be G League stars...**** even Miller and Wong who I love are basically G league dudes as it stands currently

Not one starter should think about leaving after this year. Everyone comes back, tell Robinson and Casey to hit the portal, send Joseph to the bench, get a big man in the portal. That and add the studs we got coming in.
Except if you’re Pack, Wooga & Omier, this seems like it has become such a frustrating slog, why come back for it? Are the kids having fun?

Of course we have to assume that, especially when Coach L just said that this team has not taken coaching well.
Wouldn't that sort of indicate some changes are badly needed? Anyway, typical Miami sports this decade... debate over players are toxic vs coaching sucks... when both generally contain a fair amount of truth

Advertisement
Y’all are wild man. This is why there can never be a civil discourse about coaches on this board. Y’all are ready to fire L bc he’s failing this year, after the most successful two year run of anybody in the country. The criticism is warranted for his job this year, and I’d be lying if I said age isn’t a factor. But he’s not going anywhere and doesn’t deserve to. The retirement talk can start if he looks this confused and out of it next year and doesn’t address the massive holes that will be there after this season.

Just sit back and hope something turns around. We haven’t even begun to get close to the **** show this program was before that E8 run. Where IMO he deserved to be on the hot seat.

When many of Coach L's much more accomplished contemporaries are retiring, how much longer do we expect him to coach?

He will be 75 before the start of next season. Age, if it hasn't already, will cause us to lose recruits.

IMO, it's time.

He crashed in then tried to get back out.. looks like no mans land because he is soo small.. He wasnt gonna affect the shot of 6'6 guy..
BJ is 6’2 , it’s not like he’s Pack lol. I’d much rather him up in the guy rather than shooting a practice warm up j., that’s wide open. It was stupid for somebody that‘s played this much ball. Btw I watched the replay and there was still no reason to leave the guy. There was no switches or help needed.

Except if you’re Pack, Wooga & Omier, this seems like it has become such a frustrating slog, why come back for it? Are the kids having fun?
Yeah I don't see those guys returning honestly. Would be nice but at this point it was kinda surprising they returned this yr. After what looks like a disappointing season unfolding, it'd be shocked. Hopefully Cleveland and George return. Go get a true big man with the young recruits and maybe they could be a surprise team next yr

Advertisement
Some thoughts:
-just a brutal way to lose. I think everyone here knew that was going in
-Nwoko played his way into taking all of Casey’s future minutes
-Matt must have read my posts. He looked more like Miller today
-starting to believe Poplar is thinking about the league instead of the court. Maybe he’s still injured. Either/or he needs to show up to games. Fast
-we had success going to the rim. Then promptly got away from it when it mattered
-why not go for a 2 for 1 in the final minute? Or at least use a time out (or two)
-George should start over Benz the rest of the year. Thought the effort on their last shot just wasn’t there. Maybe a lingering effect of George starting over him today
-a bit closer to panicking but no need. Reality was we played without Omier. We can still beat most teams on any given night. Run off 5 of the next 6 and we’re 17-7

...on hot seat.
Roster management woes are not a new thing at Miami in the Coach L era... Ruiz sorta saved the day and we got way lucky last 2 post-seasons. But if a coach looking lost and worn moaning that the players don't want to listen isn't a reason for a hot-seat, then light me up.

BJ is 6’2 , it’s not like he’s Pack lol. I’d much rather him up in the guy rather than shooting a practice warm up j., that’s wide open. It was stupid for somebody that‘s played this much ball. Btw I watched the replay and there was still no reason to leave the guy. There was no switches or help needed.
This should not be a surprise to anyone. We have looked like an undisciplined, poorly coached team for the last few weeks.

Advertisement
Mostly sh*t luck as Syracuse hit like their last 6 3pt attempts, all contested. But the last sequence= awful. The best shot we can get is an awkward Bensley fall-away? Nothing drawn up for Pack, Wooga, or Cleveland?

And then on the other end, just terrible awareness by Bensley. Instead of a hard close out he closes timidly, worried about the drive, but there's no time for a drive. Only time for a 3pt heave and we give him a clean look. Someone commented the other day that we're not a smart team. I'm not sure how to calculate that overall, but that was a very, very dumb sequence.

If this thing is gonna turn around, it better start next game, assuming Norchad is even back by then.

Roster management woes are not a new thing at Miami in the Coach L era... Ruiz sorta saved the day and we got way lucky last 2 post-seasons. But if a coach looking lost and worn moaning that the players don't want to listen isn't a reason for a hot-seat, then light me up.
I’m one of the biggest L critics on this board bc of roster management and his inability to develop front court guys or a bench. But hot seat doesn’t apply this year. Next year, 100%. If he repeats this season next year, you ask him to leave.

I just don’t think people realize how good Wong and Miller were. Outside of the blue bloods, you don’t just replace those guys and not see a major drop off.

I disagree that Ruiz saved the day. It’s NIL everybody does it. And lucky in the postseason is an exaggeration. Everybody needs luck, but last years team had the toughest road and made it to the last weekend. The only game they really got lucky in, was Drake. They dismantled Indiana, Texas and Houston. You don’t do that if you aren’t really, really good.

Last edited:
Those guys have been playing hurt most of the year. They are not ready for the NBA. Stay in school another year, get your NIL money, and come back with a much better team next season.

Advertisement
Back