Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

"Good" is subjective. Not a single guy on defense we have would start for any of the 4 CFP teams. Michigan's D Line compared to ours is night and day.

Nothing against the players on the team, but JHH and Clark aren't going to play in the NFL and they won't make us win games.

We need players like those top 4 teams have.
I think Bain would start for 3 of the 4 schools. I agree with your DT assessment though. We watched JHH get opportunities w/o Taylor this season, and he struggled mightily. We need an enforcer alongside Bain to be a legitimate threat.

Advertisement
We have 5-6 youngin DTs who need to start getting more snaps. We have enough but what we need is some DB help from the portal. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but we still need to push out 10 or more guys out to make room for all the freshmans and add 3 or more portal guys? We have what 18 DL right now? The average is I believe 16 for most teams

**** but I did wanna see Burroughs and Clark in the middle

Gaby does not expect him to be on the team in 2024
Someone explain to me what the deal is here. I know that the kid is obviously a headache but why the indecision regarding his future here? At first we gave him a shot after he messed up at Alabama. So he comes here and has to sit in 2023 but at some point he fights a teammate and we hear that he was dismissed and that he is going to transfer. A few weeks later is seems as if maybe he will have another opportunity to stay and that he was never dismissed in the first place as originally was thought to be the case. Now Gaby is saying that he doesn't expect him to be here for the 2024 season. So what is the deal? Did he fight another teammate or a coach?

Someone explain to me what the deal is here. I know that the kid is obviously a headache but why the indecision regarding his future here? At first we gave him a shot after he messed up at Alabama. So he comes here and has to sit in 2023 but at some point he fights a teammate and we hear that he was dismissed and that he is going to transfer. A few weeks later is seems as if maybe he will have another opportunity to stay and that he was never dismissed in the first place as originally was thought to be the case. Now Gaby is saying that he doesn't expect him to be here for the 2024 season. So what is the deal? Did he fight another teammate or a coach?
The team will address it at some point...

Is it really indecision? We don’t know. It could be that the staff doesn’t feel the need to provide the public with any information. It could be that they are allowing him to get his act together. It could be that they are trying to help the kid land at another university without a huge uproar considering by all accounts he threatened to kill someone. Who knows, but it’s quite possible that there is not indecision.

Advertisement
Is it really indecision? We don’t know. It could be that the staff doesn’t feel the need to provide the public with any information. It could be that they are allowing him to get his act together. It could be that they are trying to help the kid land at another university without a huge uproar considering by all accounts he threatened to kill someone. Who knows, but it’s quite possible that there is not indecision.
Appreciate the insight. I wasn't accusing anyone of indecisiveness I was openly questioning schizophrenic nature of the narrative. However you provided a solid assessment of the situation.

And landing guys like Scott, lightfoot, jones and Bain is what those top 4 teams have

Also luckily for us the playoffs expand to 12 teams and I think those two along with the rest of the group is good enough to help win us 10games at minimum.
Scott, Lightfoot, and Jones are 100% unproven.

Bain is an undersized DT forced to play DE, who has been absolutely negated for the majority of games. I hope he grows into something better, but the ACC Defensive Freshman of the year shouldn't have only 3 tackles against Rutgers.

An entire line of freshmen with one senior from the portal is not enough to win 10 games.

Bain is an undersized DT forced to play DE, who has been absolutely negated for the majority of games. I hope he grows into something better, but the ACC Defensive Freshman of the year shouldn't have only 3 tackles against Rutgers.

An entire line of freshmen with one senior from the portal is not enough to win 10 games.
I understand your point here, but to make a few counter-points;

How would you feel if you were one of the young guys and this dude (who hasn't done anything here, or even at bama really) is given all these chances. If culture is important to this staff it's a no brainer, and these are Mario kids so they need a shot.

Again, I totally understand your point, but it's the right move imo. Have to have faith in those kids and their development.

"Good" is subjective. Not a single guy on defense we have would start for any of the 4 CFP teams. Michigan's D Line compared to ours is night and day.

Nothing against the players on the team, but JHH and Clark aren't going to play in the NFL and they won't make us win games.

First line is false

There is some dead weight on both Texas defense and up and down the Wash defense.

I think Mauigao, Bain, and possibly Mesidor could start for a couple of these teams (obviously not all of them). I think/hope by the time next fall gets here that Damari Brown and Bissainthe would be in the convo as well.

Also, I believe JHH has a shot to play in the NFL. Very athletic big man who had a good year.

Advertisement
I don't think it is so much indecision between UM and the player as that benefits neither party. It is either 1. poor reporting or jumping the gun (he gone, he back) etc. without having something concrete to go off of so for us fans it appears like indecision; 2. we are really trying to help find him a new home or 3. we offered him to come back IF he did items A, B, and C and he did A, complained about B and half assed it and didnt do C at all.

To me it seems like the latter is the most likely scenario. Rumor was he fought Lee. If Lee comes back and that will be an issue in the locker room then you obviously ride with Lee if you cant mend the relationship but Lee is gone so that is unlikely the issue then it makes sense they offered him a plan to return and he either did not do it, or did not do it to their liking. Hence why it seems like indecision when it could have been "go see an anger management therapist 3 times a week" and he barely makes one session a week.

Lol…The Bain comments are Comedy Central.

A. Imagine judging a defensive linemen's performance by number of tackles?
B. He had 7 tackles and 3 TFL, where the **** are you getting your stats?

He was very good, and JHH wasn't bad either. Deen had a rough one from what I saw. Lichenstein got destroyed every time he was in there. And the tackling was awful…Couch was bad, Damari Brown was awful against the run as well.

Overall we got pushed around somewhat up front…Need to be better, but it wasn't an *** whipping up front by any means, mostly because of Bain and JHH. The running back destroyed our tackling and was good in the open field all day.

And there hasn't been a game he's been negated for the majority of it. Not a single **** game.

Also he's entitled to be "Very good" at this point even if he only flashes best player on the field dominance as a true freshman.

Last edited:

Got it thanks lol

Advertisement

You don't think Bain would start for any of them?

You don't think Bain would start for any of them?
I really don't. Maybe by year 3. Look at their guys vs Bain. Different body types. They have true D Ends (guys that look like Rousseau or Phillips) and true D Tackles (guys that are ~300 pounds).

I like Bain, but he needs to play an RJ McIntosh role next to a massive DT, and he'll need 2 impact Ends.

I'm bullish on McConathy.

Advertisement
Lol…The Bain comments are Comedy Central.

A. Imagine judging a defensive linemen's performance by number of tackles?
B. He had 7 tackles and 3 TFL, where the **** are you getting your stats?

He was very good, and JHH wasn't bad either. Deen had a rough one from what I saw. Lichenstein got destroyed every time he was in there. And the tackling was awful…Couch was bad, Damari Brown was awful against the run as well.

Overall we got pushed around somewhat up front…Need to be better, but it wasn't an *** whipping up front by any means, mostly because of Bain and JHH. The running back destroyed our tackling and was good in the open field all day.

And there hasn't been a game he's been negated for the majority of it. Not a single **** game.

Also he's entitled to be "Very good" at this point even if he only flashes best player on the field dominance as a true freshman.
Bain had the exact same stats that Verse had in the regular season.

I hope Burroughs stays we need his kind of Nasty!
IMG_2630.jpeg

Advertisement
Back