James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
while I agree, some thought that Miami would jump Penn St in one of the polls. I wasn’t expecting it to happen, I was more ****ed we couldn’t stop Corey Schlesinger as a freaking FB in 4th
We couldn't stop him because 3/4 of our DL were hurt...even Rock was banged up...Riley was recovering from Surgery...

Advertisement
We couldn't stop him because 3/4 of our DL were hurt...even Rock was banged up...Riley was recovering from Surgery...
We gassed out. Sapp was an absolute house a fire until he gassed. He looked like old school jobber SD Special Delivery Jones the way he came out of the gates in that game. He was unstoppable. Then, he wound up doing a stretcher job to Van Hammer in the 4th quarter.

We gassed out. Sapp was an absolute house a fire until he gassed. He looked like old school jobber SD Special Delivery Jones the way he came out of the gates in that game. He was unstoppable. Then, he wound up doing a stretcher job to Van Hammer in the 4th quarter.
Chise,...Lang...Holmes and Riley Hurt...We Win if they're healthy...

Advertisement
Isn't that the game Sapp bullied the center back into the qb/rb exchange and tackled all three of them about 4 yards in the back field? I'll never forget that play, I'm pretty sure it was early in that game.

Isn't that the game Sapp bullied the center back into the qb/rb exchange and tackled all three of them about 4 yards in the back field? I'll never forget that play, I'm pretty sure it was early in that game.
He was throwing Frazier & Berringer (RIP) around like Rag Dolls for 3 quarters...Disrupting the backfield every play...

Advertisement
And yet he won it again in 91 and played for it again in 92. Go post more pictures and tell us more stories about how you raked the sand on Greentree to sniff jocks.
I’m perplexed! How did Dennis Erickson (that horrible College Football HOF HC) win TWO NCs with Jimmy’s guys and Jimmy win ONE NC with Jimmy’s guys? Also One of the CIS all stars mentions the 92 Bama game and all the things Dennis did wrong (Bama was too good front 7) but fails to mention the worst loss in UM history, Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Canes were better at EVERY position and LOST the game. ANYBODY that played for Dennis Erickson will tell you Coach E is their guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for ****s and giggles, I'll say who I would be surprised by, but could see Lashlee convincing.

We know he's talked to Garcia, David, and Milroe. So that news would not cause me to **** my drawers. Lashlee recruited Preston Stone at SMU and landed him. Got him to commit to SMU over LSU and PSU and 40 other schools. Thats some Dr Mindbender mental juju right there. Logic says he'd be the surprise.
Just for accuracy, Stone actually committed to SMU after Lashlee was already at UM.

Just for accuracy, Stone actually committed to SMU after Lashlee was already at UM.

tenor (20).gif

I dont think you are correct, good sir.

"The departure of Lashlee on Friday didn’t impact Stone’s commitment at all -- and Lashlee even connected with Stone on Friday night after taking the job at Miami. He encouraged Stone to remain committed to SMU."

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m perplexed! How did Dennis Erickson (that horrible College Football HOF HC) win TWO NCs with Jimmy’s guys and Jimmy win ONE NC with Jimmy’s guys? Also One of the CIS all stars mentions the 92 Bama game and all the things Dennis did wrong (Bama was too good front 7) but fails to mention the worst loss in UM history, Penn State in the Fiesta Bowl. The Canes were better at EVERY position and LOST the game. ANYBODY that played for Dennis Erickson will tell you Coach E is their guy.
Erickson was not without his faults, but it is absurd to say he was a **** game day coach and uses Bill Walsh’s offense from 10 years ago, but try to say Butch was above criticism for his game day coaching. Like all things, as David Byrne said, there’s some good points, there’s some bad points. Unfortunately CIO took a little too long as a human centipede behind Butch, cut off his oxygen supply, and lost any form of nuance in thought.

Erickson was not without his faults, but it is absurd to say he was a **** game day coach and uses Bill Walsh’s offense from 10 years ago, but try to say Butch was above criticism for his game day coaching. Like all things, as David Byrne said, there’s some good points, there’s some bad points. Unfortunately CIO took a little too long as a human centipede behind Butch, cut off his oxygen supply, and lost any form of nuance in thought.
Jack Elway hired Dennis in 1979 to run his offense at San Jose. Coach E then had stops at Idaho, Wyoming and Wazzou then came to UM and won two NCs. A version of that offense is the modern day spread. His QBs called his offense and game calling skiills second to none and a few played in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back