James Williams' projection for 2022 and beyond

He should let himself naturally fill out. If I were him I’d prioritize flexibility, burst, and speed with my training.

He’s a defensive coordinators wet dream. I’d be moving him around every play and force the opposing QB and coach to find him on every play. The only place I wouldn’t line him up is in the interior of the d line.

His versatility is going to make him a rich man who has a long nfl career.

Advertisement
Best player on our defense and maybe on the whole team, IMO.

Whatever his position, he needs to be on the field for every snap, and he needs to be featured

I would build the defense around him, not the other way around.
Huge fan, but needs to work on tackling fundamentals. Then again we had a HC who admitted not practicing tackling enough…still irks me.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Jeremy Chinn is the model here

He's larger than Jeremy Chinn right now. Chinn also had some man cover skills as a DB. Not sure Williams has flashed that yet.

I thought he showed out everywhere to some extent.

This guy is going to develop into a R1 player under this staff. Gonna be great.

He's hard to miss. Ha. Looks like a spider in the middle of the field.

I think Williams can be a mirror image of Jamal Adams with the Seahawks, gets ints at deep safety & a monster at run support and blitzing

He is extremely dynamic and gifted. IMO his best position is LB based on his frame and range. Needs to stop making silly penalties.

This is a good topic to discuss.

I think he'd make a **** good S/LB hybrid player.

He can play center field pretty good, too.

I just don't need him to interrupt mother nature on his natural body growth.
I agree. I did that and I regret it to this day.

Advertisement
Staying at safety hurts the team, IMO.

We want our best players on the field. Avante is a better safety than James, so there is one slot. To put Kitchens on the bench & trot out our current LB group is a net loss.

James has enough film now that he can have a serious conversation about where he projects best in the league. If that isn’t safety, then it would be in his own best interest to make the switch now.

On Isaiah Simmons "During his time at Clemson, Simmons was noted for his positional versatility, taking snaps at linebacker, defensive end, cornerback, and safety.:". This is the model. Simmons ended up at LB for the cardinals.

Seahawks Jamal Adams is also a good comp. He's almost always in the box or blitzing the QB.

Nah Jamal Adams is trash in coverage.. James Williams has way better ball skills And better range of Impact. Adams a one trick pony.

Advertisement
put him wherever he is the fastest version of himself --- and that aint safety from what Ive seen

Advertisement
Hes an OLB

He can be the “Sean Taylor” of the OLB position

agreed, and this gets him closer to the football, and hopefully he can be put in a spot where he can just come downhill and chase the ball all over. Miami needs to be fast again (by their standards, that is)

I may be in the minority here, but I love the fact that he slams people after the whistle. 15 yard penalties obviously blow, but he is clearly a tone setter for our D! Tough kid, definitely not a *****.

Advertisement
Back