James Williams late hit penalty Clemson and accountability

That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario
You are 100% correct. Without accountability and discipline nothing will change. Players understand one thing. Playing time. Mario should have sat him minimum 2 quarters or the rest of the game. He did that to rooster after having fumbling problems. I turned to check the Ohio st score. What I saw was an Ohio st defensive player get a personal foul. Where did that player end up? Next to Day getting his *** chewed out. Immediately out of the game. To bad nobody will ask Mario why?

Advertisement
I'm over Williams and not because he's not that good, he's an idiot on the field AND doesn't play hard. He was whining to refs DURING a play yesterday where he still could've made a tackle. That was it for me.

Advertisement
JW aint never getting benched, once I heard Mario slobbin’JW becoming a leader I just knew he would be locked in as unquestioned starter

Advertisement
The most overrated player on this team. He’s not a db.

Yet our fans will call him the next Sean Taylor. It’s hilarious.
Lol Maybe someone said this during his recruitment but he's been trashed all year on boards. I haven't seen a single positive thing posted about him (for good reason) this season. To me, the kid wanted to play safety, and he gave him a shot. Make him gain weight and put him at LB. His tackling is abysmal so I'd have him in tackling drills 24/7 until he learns to wrap up. Then maybe he might be a serviceable player.

The kids ego needs to be checked. He also head butted Shipley after a play and then was jumping up and down talking **** after a 3 and out to Clemson sidelines.
They need to tell him he is a LB not a safety so start eating, building your frame out and get physical bc you will not play safety at the next level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario

I agree he should have taken his helmet and told him to leave the field. It would have added some value to the loss. I personally don't care if I ever see in a Canes uniform again. Just tired of the BS selfish players. I dont care how many stories I have read about the kid overcoming, he would do this in a tie game playing for the a ship. He is a tall corner with Flagg like speed thats scared of contact, but wants to talk **** the whole game. I would trade him for Alonzo Highsmith Jr at this point.

No need to:

1). Name call
2). Respond to stuff like that.

This thread is progressing nicely. Don't derail your own thread.
James is the enforcer he knocks **** loose… that weak *** penalty wasn’t the defining moment of the game so save the *****ing and moaning. JW is one of the few dogs on this team.
This time. It could be in the future. i guess how you do anything isn’t how you do everythin. He’s a dog a rabid one that’s not doing well.

He needs to be playing Sam in situational downs in man coverage. At this point he’s a liability everywhere else on the field, not saying that he’s going to have a successful transition to that, but at this point everything else has been pretty obvious he can’t do it.

Advertisement
Back