James Williams late hit penalty Clemson and accountability

Ispyin

ACC ACC ACC 🤮🤮🤮
Premium
That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario

Advertisement
I was shocked he stayed in there. Especially with how bad he's been playing.

I was actually expecting a late penalty on him on their QBs touchdown run when he was still trying to strip the ball 5 yards after the guy broke the plane.

Only possible explanation is that JW is a hard worker/strong leader off the field and he's in Mario's long term plans so he didn't want to shatter their relationship/confidence over a meaningless game? I'm not sure.. not advocating for that but it's always said that you don't treat all your players equally but you treat them all fairly. Maybe he's done enough to earn a longer leash and we just don't know what that is?

Advertisement
Low IQ , bad in space and has no business playing in the back end. I’m not sure if he has a position.
Yeah but he gets unlimited playing time and he's made a lot of mistakes this year.

Is he just a coach's favorite or something? Is this a kid that is doing everything 100% right off the field and it's just not showing up on gameday (like Ivey who everybody loves off the field)?

Honestly I think the play happen on the other side of the field and all Mario seen was him make the hit inbounds. Ion think he seen the shove Williams gave 5 yards into being outta bounds . Sure once they see the tape a conversation will be had. Williams is talented but this offseason he needs to have a come to Jesus moment . A few of our guys do. It’s time to start working and not thinking about self first think about the team. Our guys gotta realize that playing as a team player doesn’t make you look bad . When you play as a team you actually look better and draw more attention. Why you think the teams who win the national championship always get alot if their guys drafted it’s cause they played their roles well and the team got to the end goal and those individuals will be looked at just cause they played their roles well. That selfless mentality is what the nfl also looks for. Hopefully Williams gets right cause he’s actually good if he wraps up and stops making these stupid personal fouls it’s okay to play with passion but keep that passion controlled

Low IQ , bad in space and has no business playing in the back end. I’m not sure if he has a position.
Lol gain some Weight and wrap up and he will. He has this aggression as if he’s a LB but won’t wrap up . Sometimes the **** hit is the fundamental hit. wrap up and bring your hips and drive your feet !

Advertisement
That entire game Was a **** show obviously. But I think the thing that’s really bothering me about whether or not this entire team and culture can be turned around by Mario’s current approach is about the moment Williams got flagged for hitting the Clemson guy so far out of bounds that Georgia state troopers are considering an arrest.

If Mario is trying to change things can somebody please explain to me how over after such a blatantly undisciplined idiotic selfish play, why was James Williams still on the field right for the next snap?

I’m not a coach, didn’t play college level and don’t claim to be a board expert, but I’m totally baffled at game 11 when that play happens how a tough coach looking for players to play the right way a guy who hasn’t been making plays the entire season was still on the field. And it wasn’t his first boneheaded move this year.

Anyone have an explanation that makes sense because it feels to me that almost every other coach I could think of would have yanked his *** off the field and honestly expected more from Mario

Easy Answer to a Complex Question

It was 0’s best form tackle of the entire season. Coaches were geeked kid finally flashed what’s been worked on in practice.

Lol gain some Weight and wrap up and he will. He has this aggression as if he’s a LB but won’t wrap up . Sometimes the **** hit is the fundamental hit. wrap up and bring your hips and drive your feet !
I’ve been told LB is very possible next year as a permanent move but I have some doubts he can even do that. I guess we’ll see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been told LB is very possible next year as a permanent move but I have some doubts he can even do that. I guess we’ll see.
LB is a totally different animal. Plus, it entails tackling and he can’t do that for some reason my mind can’t comprehend. He’s turned into a project and is a liability.

I have heard DE is a possibility for him if he can add the weight.

That makes sense and he would have chance to have success if you minimize his assignments/reads to “go to ball carrier”
Don’t think we do a lot 3-4, but rush OLB would be ideal for him?

Advertisement
Back