James Williams.....2021 banana tailpipe

Yeah he could be a great Striker. Man coverage, shallow zone coverage and run and hit. I like him better further from the center of the action where you need to be precise. Perimeter is where you can just be an athlete, especially if you have raw instincts.

Advertisement
Yeah he could be a great Striker. Man coverage, shallow zone coverage and run and hit. I like him better further from the center of the action where you need to be precise. Perimeter is where you can just be an athlete, especially if you have raw instincts.
The striker position is literally made for a kid like this, crazy length & excels in space with ability to still play close to the LOS.

Advertisement
He’ll end up at Miami if Miami has a great year.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
My knock on Williams is why doesnt he compete in the camps.

If with his rankings, I love to see kids compete at every chance.

Hes never played it and legit is resistant to it. He has been coached at db for quite sometime and will get real good coaching there at heritage again this year.

To me that Rover / Striker spot is him. But his trajectory and weight gain in college definately coming well see. Honestly hes a fut at Clemson or here more so than uga..but they lead

Miami coaches showed James the role they want him to play and from what I was told he didn't like it.

Advertisement
I think you answered your own question: doesn’t compete

Not competitive, not smart. That's the impression I get from his film and interviews. His traits are special enough that he will still be a good player but he will always leave you wanting more.

Advertisement
My knock on Williams is why doesnt he compete in the camps.

If with his rankings, I love to see kids compete at every chance.

He has already done his thing at the camps for years...there is no real upside for guys like him. Risk of injury. Hes done the paradise for years etc.

Manny shoots himself in the foot again

rather know that now than later when he is a malcontent in the locker room.

Williams doesn’t seem to be the team first guy especially when things don’t go his way (playing a position he doesn’t want to play).

The kid is not a safety. He doesn’t move well back there; he is nowhere near being a poor man’s ST26 nonetheless this generation’s ST26.

The kid would make a killing in CFB and NFL playing that rover/striker position, but in the back half of the defense he will be a liability and go from 5 star to UDFA (due to overhype and measureables than anything else really).

rather know that now than later when he is a malcontent in the locker room.

Williams doesn’t seem to be the team first guy especially when things don’t go his way (playing a position he doesn’t want to play).

The kid is not a safety. He doesn’t move well back there; he is nowhere near being a poor man’s ST26 nonetheless this generation’s ST26.

The kid would make a killing in CFB and NFL playing that rover/striker position, but in the back half of the defense he will be a liability and go from 5 star to UDFA (due to overhype and measureables than anything else really).

I see alot of Kam Chancellor in him tho.

Advertisement
Back