James Williams.....2021 banana tailpipe

Advertisement
Hasnt he switched high schools like 3 times. **** how u expect him to want to come to UM if he doesnt even know which high school he wants to attend.
Totally Agree. Certain behavioral patterns that you see with kids these days. My only thing is we have to stop disrespecting the legends that played for us by comparing some of these high school kids to them before they play here, sign, commit or even fail to mention us in their top 3, 7, or 33.

Duke wanted to be a hurricane more than anything. To **** with everyone else. Vilma said, as soon as he got his Miami offer, he told all the other schools not to bother anymore. These kids aren't built like that anymore. Few and far between. And I mean FARRRR. You may get one in every 3-4 classes.

Don Chaney is more like duke , James Willians is just Another Donell Harris
As a Belen guy, makes me happy to hear you say that. But yes Don Chaney stuck with us through a coaching change, both head coach and his position coach that started recruiting him was not the same. A rock bottom season with arguably the worst offense in our history. He signed despite a new OC he knew nothing about. Kid is as true a Cane as it gets. I hope he works hard and is rewarded with good health and success for his loyalty.

Gassing up the kid with all this "fIvE StAr" hype and then we wonder why Miami has a culture problem? We got grown men locals treating the kid like he's arrived so is it a surprise when he coasts on natural ability?

Probably safe to assume he will be the latest SFl 5* DB to go to Georgia and disappoint when they find out his game doesn't match his physical gifts. Then corch Kurby Dip**** will whine in code to the media again. The cycle continues for local crootin!
thats a silly hot take, imo. Reeks of sour grapes. The best local kids will be 5 stars. There will be a few each year. They’ll almost all have folks whispering in their ears. That’s just life. of these kids, some will leave. (Fewer will leave if we fix our own issues.) Of the ones who leave, some will disappoint, others wont. Patrick Peterson turned out okay. Cooper, Ridley, Jedy did, too. dalvin Cook did fine. Sony michel did, too. The Bosa bros did well.

Advertisement
That's fine, don't understand it.
You're on the outside.

Way to reference ONE single recruit though. 👍 Landing him doesn't change what I've seen with my own eyes. I'm not the only one that's seen it. Even a current UM staffer has mentioned the issue to somebody I know. It was brought to light though, so maybe it's getting fixed.

Haha, this is priceless. Your alternative reality where you're on the inside is always good for a laugh. Appreciate you bringing humor to the board.

Can’t blame the kid. Winning is fun and that’s what he’s trying to do. But like Ed Reed said... we don’t need those who feel like Miami need them more than they want to be in Miami. Wish the kid all the success, but I wish Miami more success.

Advertisement
This won't be over till signing day. Ride the waves.
Of course. It's gonna take a while to count

giphy.gif

when footballville said he "might" be like Duke what he meant was that he may not want to leave his support system as his parental situation is not like most kids. not about him wanting to be a die hard cane. He also said duke was never going to leave his Mom no matter wat.

Advertisement
I’ll never understand why kids go to UGA to play DB they don’t get drafted from there like other schools

Totally Agree. Certain behavioral patterns that you see with kids these days. My only thing is we have to stop disrespecting the legends that played for us by comparing some of these high school kids to them before they play here, sign, commit or even fail to mention us in their top 3, 7, or 33.

Duke wanted to be a hurricane more than anything. To **** with everyone else. Vilma said, as soon as he got his Miami offer, he told all the other schools not to bother anymore. These kids aren't built like that anymore. Few and far between. And I mean FARRRR. You may get one in every 3-4 classes.
You guys talk like kids are magically different today, all of a suddenly. Makes little seems. Wnat is different is UM has stunk for 15+ years and kids have seen other programs‘ efforts pay off. Vilma and Duke actually grew up with memories of UM being good, and miami guys all over the nfl pro bowl.

And it doesn’t ‘disrespect’ legends to compare kids to them. That happens all day, everywhere. If you think that ’disrespects‘ legends, you may have a distorted sense of respect and disrespect. It may be a poor comparison or bad idea to make these comparisons, but it ain’t because of ‘disrespect’ for guys who came earlier. To the contrary, it’s respect for them that fuels the comparison.

Advertisement
thats a silly hot take, imo. Reeks of sour grapes. The best local kids will be 5 stars. There will be a few each year. They’ll almost all have folks whispering in their ears. That’s just life. of these kids, some will leave. (Fewer will leave if we fix our own issues.) Of the ones who leave, some will disappoint, others wont. Patrick Peterson turned out okay. Cooper, Ridley, Jedy did, too. dalvin Cook did fine. Sony michel did, too. The Bosa bros did well.

How is it sour grapes when Miami is still in play with his recruitment? I'm saying this now so it's the opposite of that. Sour grapes happens after the fact.

Not all kids are equipped to handle the 5* treatment equally. Some get complacent, others work even harder to take advantage. That's just life. And the coverage of recruiting has changed dramatically since most of those names you mentioned. Last I checked there weren't social media edits, respect my decisions and a barrage of 7on7 youtube content when Patrick Johnson was at Ely. The game has changed and it's doing these kids a major disservice.

Let's put it this way - if child film stars are notorious for flaming out then what's supposed to happen to Optimist legends who get treated like their **** don't stink? Something to monitor imo.

How is it sour grapes when Miami is still in play with his recruitment? I'm saying this now so it's the opposite of that. Sour grapes happens after the fact.

Not all kids are equipped to handle the 5* treatment equally. Some get complacent, others work even harder to take advantage. That's just life. And the coverage of recruiting has changed dramatically since most of those names you mentioned. Last I checked there weren't social media edits, respect my decisions and a barrage of 7on7 youtube content when Patrick Johnson was at Ely. The game has changed and it's doing these kids a major disservice.

Let's put it this way - if child film stars are notorious for flaming out then what's supposed to happen to Optimist legends who get treated like their **** don't stink? Something to monitor imo.
you had the child prodigy generation- Kobe, Lebron and movie actors. A lot of the local recruits were local legends on the football scene but we’re not exposed like they are today.

then you had the YouTube stars- that white running who leaped over everyone in Highschool. I think ended up at a couple schools, Devin stills at QB and this goes on until this day.

now it’s a mix of everything. A 24/7 recruiting new cycle, the internet, social media, etc.

There’s no doubt that the mindset of these kids and who are around handling their recruiting has changed

I’ll never understand why kids go to UGA to play DB they don’t get drafted from there like other schools
Those types of narrative are starting to die. UGA just had a DB go in the 1st round last year, UF is finally going to have a WR drafted within the first two days, LSU's QB is going #1, etc.

These kids want to win and could care less about "tradition" of the positions unless its LSU, OSU, Bama, or even Penn St to an extent (Tight ends).

Advertisement
Back