James King SS

Flies against the folks on this board who were parroting the "plenty of depth at LB" logic. You have 3-5 potential JAGS in that position and already 1 of those 3-5 is turned JAG. Let's see how the rest do. My guess is that by the end of the this coming season we will be having depth issues at LB.

Besides, to further Franchise's comment, LBs are the foundation of your ST coverage units. Need guys at that position to be contributors there.

Advertisement
Someone said it best. He shouldnt have been here. Wasnt his fault. We offered, he took it. We were desperate. But if the kid is working hard, staying out trouble, has the desire and his putting in work..why not give him one last shot at a position of need. Worst comes to worst, he should be able to contribute on special teams.

I'm sure Richt is in no hurry to run him off for the simple reason that he's related to a couple recruits we're chasing hard.

looololol you think Richt gives AF about who he's related to?

I would rather have safeties become LBs than the other way around.

Just another dumb, uninformed post. James King was a high school track star who ran 10.7 in the 100m. He's faster than any of our safeties.

So in reality he's just moving to his natural position

I hope the kid does well there.

But to me the more important impact is on the LB numbers, specifically the room in the 2017 class. Would be crazy not to take 3 of the many ballers down here this cycle.

Gimme Steed, Wilder and Miller.

I've been trying to tell those shills on the recruiting board that there's no way we only take 1 or 2 LBs in the 2017 class. Too many special LBs locally this cycle.

This! I can't believe, well not at all actually, Pete was dumb enough to print that we would only take 1-2. FOH you take 3-4 this cycle of you don't have room w the talent at the position.

Advertisement

Just another dumb, uninformed post. James King was a high school track star who ran 10.7 in the 100m. He's faster than any of our safeties.

But how are his feet?

Running fast in a straight line doesn't automatically equate to being a good DB.

Someone said it best. He shouldnt have been here. Wasnt his fault. We offered, he took it. We were desperate. But if the kid is working hard, staying out trouble, has the desire and his putting in work..why not give him one last shot at a position of need. Worst comes to worst, he should be able to contribute on special teams.

We weren't desperate, we were stupid. There were better Linebackers down here that we ignored.

But how are his feet?

Running fast in a straight line doesn't automatically equate to being a good DB.

think Louis Oliver....

Jenkins
Carter
Johnson
Colbert
Knowles
King

allows them to redshirt Finley, Wright, James if they desire.

Advertisement
You can spin this anyway you want. But in reality, we recruited him for linebacker and he can't crack the 2-deep. I hope he kills it at safety, but this is a red flag until proven otherwise.

You can spin this anyway you want. But in reality, we recruited him for linebacker and he can't crack the 2-deep. I hope he kills it at safety, but this is a red flag until proven otherwise.

Because there's 6 linebackers we recruited that are better than him...

Actually 7; Grace, Young, Perry, Gordiner, Shaq, Pinckney, & McCloud

Last edited:

But how are his feet?

Better question, how are his hands? Richt has complained about speed at the position, make the move.

Advertisement
IMO he wasn't very explosive (or "quick twitch") to begin with (at LB). I don't see how he'd possibly translate to Safety. I questioned this offer/signing from day one.

Usually when guys get moved around like this it's not a good sign. I'm calling it right now. Future transfer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I consider this another one of Golden's "evaluation" blunders.

But how are his feet?

Better question, how are his hands? Richt has complained about speed at the position, make the move.

To play DB you need good feet before you need good hands. Good hands aren't even a prerequisite for the DB position. A lot of times that's where WR's with questionable hands end up, at DB. (i.e. Sam Shields)

If hes playing the rover ss/lb i dont see the issue... lets see how it plays out then criticize him later. Im intrigued by the move. I thought Alf was going to do that last year but we all know alf was no bueno when it came to common sense!

Advertisement
IMO he wasn't very explosive (or "quick twitch") to begin with (at LB). I don't see how he'd possibly translate to Safety. I questioned this offer/signing from day one.

Usually when guys get moved around like this it's not a good sign. I'm calling it right now. Future transfer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I consider this another one of Golden's "evaluation" blunders.

It's generally a good rule of thumb that if you switch positions after your first year, it means a career backup and/or STs contributor.

well the kid is faster than Knowles and probably another safety in a straight line...he is a legit 4.65 -4.7 kid.
Now he is only like 6'0 -205 so the move to safety could beneficial to him...not sure how his feet are back there as he has never played in the back end..but as an in the box safety he might not be that bad....and might give us the luxury of redshirting 2 dbs this year.

Pay attention to him in the spring..he is only a rs freshman. He was an expected special teams guy till his jr year regardless...lets see what he got....he coldnt put on the prerequisite weight to play a lot of lb in our current scheme.

We weren't desperate, we were stupid. There were better Linebackers down here that we ignored.

Agreed but by the time our incompetant staff had let those "trains" leave the station, we had no one else on the board but King. So at that moment in time, I still say they were desperate.

Y'all might be looking to much in to this.He's too small to play linebacker, and we only have like 4 safeties on the roster righ now where as we have like 10 linebacker with what appears to be quality depth and promising young players

Advertisement
Back