James Franklin: "The sanctions never really affected us"

That Urban Meyer line still jams in my head. "No excuses. You make excuses at the top, it spreads through your program and you can't be taken seriously."

meanwhile in Coral Gables, this tub of **** blamed US because they suck.

I despise Meyer but **** it do I respect him.

He has hundreds of great quotes, but the one that I remember most was when he was describing his QB situation this year and injuries on his team. He said "we make no excuses. We have a next man up mentality. If a guy next to you in the foxhole goes down, you pick up his rifle and keep shooting."

I immediately thought back to Folden casually blaming the loss of Figueroa as a reason we lost 7 games. The difference between a real coach and a fat gasbag is startling.

players take on the personality of their coach

and we wonder why we have a team full of wishy washy, excuse making underachievers

Advertisement
Its funny he said that, cause he only dealt with sanctions one year then the NCAA miraculously gave them all their Schollies back this year....smh.... golden is a joke, but Franklin has to be real.... if 5he ncaa didn't give them their schollies back and reduce their bowl ban(2 more years remaining), they would suck like us....

@BruceFeldmanCFB: #PennState coach James Franklin to @FoxSports: “The sanctions never really affected us” - http://t.co/f6qDLWZ837

I would guess that Sarkisian would agree with Franklin. They didn't seem to have any problem stockpiling talent while being on probation. You have to put some of the blame on the administration for enabling Golden and allowing him to take this excuse and run with it. Christ, even Shalala said that this was basically year #1 for Golden because of the infamous "Cloud" that he has dealt with. He has taken every opportunity he was given to talk about how much the cloud has hampered their efforts.

The guy is a joke and everybody in South Florida knows it now from the coaches to the parents to the kids. This guy and his staff are nothing but a cancer. The change at the top with the new president coming in could not have come at a better time. Let's just pray that they bring somebody in who gives a **** about athletics and understands how much money it can generate for the school. If they don't bring somebody in like that I fear that the program may never make it back.

@mattyports: Penn State's James Franklin, to Fox Sports, re NCAA sanctions: "To be honest with you, it had very little impact for us in recruiting." 1/2

@mattyports: Franklin cont: "Everyone asked the question and we'd answer it, and then we'd move on." 2/2

Advertisement
Its funny he said that, cause he only dealt with sanctions one year then the NCAA miraculously gave them all their Schollies back this year....smh.... golden is a joke, but Franklin has to be real.... if 5he ncaa didn't give them their schollies back and reduce their bowl ban(2 more years remaining), they would suck like us....

Are you ****ting me? All we heard was the "threat" of sanctions is what hurt Golden and because of that he needed more time. This dude is saying point blank, it had no affect on him. You do know that our so-called sanctions were a ******* JOKE and have meant NOTHING w/r/t the amount of schollies we've actually needed. SMGDFH

I don't think the sanctions hurt us, and I don't think Al would say the 9 scholarships we lost have had a huge effect on us either.

Franking is ******* liar...he and PSU begged the NCAA to drop the sanctions, it was getting players injured etc...**** HIM

Blake allows Al to blame the cloud. PSU and USC AD's are real leaders and don't let Franklin or Sark even think like that yet alone talk like that publicly. There is the real issue

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back