James Franklin: "The sanctions never really affected us"

Advertisement
Meanwhile in Coral Gables...........the massive cloud that wasn't so massive is still being brought up. **** we recruited better with the cloud than we are now

@mattyports: Penn State's James Franklin, to Fox Sports, re NCAA sanctions: "To be honest with you, it had very little impact for us in recruiting." 1/2

@mattyports: Franklin cont: "Everyone asked the question and we'd answer it, and then we'd move on." 2/2

LOL and this dude is coaching at a child rape factory.

Man Golden is such a ******. No wonder Penn St told him to go to **** and hired this guy.

Advertisement
it wasn't the sanctions Kyle....it was The Cloud. everyone knows that.

Advertisement
@mattyports: Penn State's James Franklin, to Fox Sports, re NCAA sanctions: "To be honest with you, it had very little impact for us in recruiting." 1/2

@mattyports: Franklin cont: "Everyone asked the question and we'd answer it, and then we'd move on." 2/2

"No excuses Joe."

So what is the problem Coach?

"Well the cloud from the NCAA has really made it difficult. But that isn't an excuse. It starts with me."

It's bad when a school that gets busted for covering up raping boys does better than a school that gets busted for a booster that gave out hookers.

Advertisement
But come on Coach Franklin, it must have been so difficult to deal with all the negative recruiting, with people getting their licks in all the time! And the scholarship restrictions had to be impossible to deal with, and the terrible taint that the school must have had after all the allegations, and the probation. I had to operate under this terrible cloud, I mean, you won't believe how difficult it was to deal with! And then I got this crippling probation, with 9 total scholarships taken away! And we couldn't play in the Weedeater Bowl, with all the extra practice time. You have to be exaggerating, right Coach Franklin?

That Urban Meyer line still jams in my head. "No excuses. You make excuses at the top, it spreads through your program and you can't be taken seriously."

meanwhile in Coral Gables, this tub of **** blamed US because they suck.

Advertisement
Ohhhhh Alllllll..... Come out and Plaaaaay...

So far, shots fired
Holes in the fence
Degrees🎓>degrees 🌴🌞
Sanctions are not effecting us
Excuses travel from the top down

That Urban Meyer line still jams in my head. "No excuses. You make excuses at the top, it spreads through your program and you can't be taken seriously."

meanwhile in Coral Gables, this tub of **** blamed US because they suck.

I despise Meyer but **** it do I respect him.

He has hundreds of great quotes, but the one that I remember most was when he was describing his QB situation this year and injuries on his team. He said "we make no excuses. We have a next man up mentality. If a guy next to you in the foxhole goes down, you pick up his rifle and keep shooting."

I immediately thought back to Folden casually blaming the loss of Figueroa as a reason we lost 7 games. The difference between a real coach and a fat gasbag is startling.

Love the fact that the quote came from the guy who snatched Golden's dream job from him. Salt in the wound.

Advertisement
Back