James Coley and Hurlie Brown

you guys are a trip. I love what i heard from Hurlie and he sounds like he def buys in to Golden........ BUT, you offer him 3 times the money to go coach somewhere else tomorrow and he's out as quick as anybody

Advertisement
you guys are a trip. I love what i heard from Hurlie and he sounds like he def buys in to Golden........ BUT, you offer him 3 times the money to go coach somewhere else tomorrow and he's out as quick as anybody

How much is Cristobal making at Bama?

Advertisement
Hurlie Brown is the anti Mario.
He sounds like he wants to be buried at The U.
Plus, he has drunk gallons of the Kool Aid. This guy is a true believer in The U and in Golden.

Love him.

500k according to Barry Jackson

That's a lot of paper for a guy that is very "unproven" as an OLine coach.

Look i know most are mad that Mario left but ''unproven'' as an OLine coach look the guy was an all american OL at Miami and turned the worst program in D1 to respectable. FIU with their resources and money shouldn't win more than 4 or 5 games ever Mario took them to 7 wins and a bowl game a year ago before getting fired this season. He's capable of coaching OLine in which isn't that hard to coach anywhere especially at Alabama were the best OL go.. Mario is also a top 20 recruiter this is a loss for us but we will be fine...

If he can secure them a few Dade recruits, it's money well-spent.

Advertisement

If he can secure them a few Dade recruits, it's money well-spent.

Only needs to cherry pick one or two a year.

Like i needed another reason to love Duke.

Feel great for Hurlie. He's gonna work his *** off to be successful.

I'm really excited to see Coley in action, both on the field and on the recruiting trail.

Hurlie Brown didn't mention Danny Dillard AT ALL when talking about the RB's.

He did mention walk on Brandon Yosha. Tells me everything I need to know about Dillard....will never be a factor.

I found that interesting too. Heck, I know Lockly is considered a WR/Safety, but because of the team's need, you can't discount the guy's ability at RB as well. Ryheem Lockly looks better than Dillard on film in that respect.

Lockley at safety suggests that they don't intend to put a 'shirt on him. Also suggest that they don't expect one of our senior safetys to be here in the fall.

Advertisement
Lockley at safety suggests that they don't intend to put a 'shirt on him. Also suggest that they don't expect one of our senior safetys to be here in the fall.

Agree with the first sentence. But not sure about the second sentence - we need safeties regardless of whether our senior safeties remain or not. Unless Artie Burns plays there, our safety depth is abysmal. We have 2 backup seniors who will be gone and only 3 kids behind them (Carter, Bush, Jenkins) who will return in 2014. Safety was a huge need this year, and without Lockley, i would have expected at least 3 safeties in the 2014 class.

Look i know most are mad that Mario left but ''unproven'' as an OLine coach look the guy was an all american OL at Miami and turned the worst program in D1 to respectable. FIU with their resources and money shouldn't win more than 4 or 5 games ever Mario took them to 7 wins and a bowl game a year ago before getting fired this season. He's capable of coaching OLine in which isn't that hard to coach anywhere especially at Alabama were the best OL go.. Mario is also a top 20 recruiter this is a loss for us but we will be fine...

Coaching an offensive line isn't that hard? Well there's a stretch. They lost 3 NFL linemen this year. It's not as easy you make it sound lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back