James Blackman to FSU

accomadus

Junior
Forgot about this kid. Interesting. Must be a camp warrior, because I didn't think he looked great at QB. Might be taken as an ATH/wait and see type scholarship.

QB recruit James Blackman commits to Florida State - Tomahawk Nation

Florida State University landed a commitment from Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central quarterback recruit James Blackman. Blackman, a wiry 6’4, 165-pound prospect earned an offer after a strong performance at Jimbo Fisher’s July camp session, showcasing a live arm with a quick-wristed snap. Blakman is rated three-stars and as the No. 34 QB in the country as of August 3, a rating that has been creeping up throughout the process.

Blackman was pursued hard by Louisville’s Bobby Petrino and West Virginia’s Dana Holgorsen, both of whom have strong track records with quarterbacks.

Blackman tweeted:

First off I want to thank God and say that I am very blessed to be in the predicament that I am in and and just want to say thanks to the coaches that have recruited me over this past year and have gave me an opportunity to play at their college. But I have finally made a decision. My family and I have talked it over and have decided that I will be taking my talents to Florida State University “FSU”

Blackman told Tomahawk Nation in July that in offering him, FSU coach Jimbo Fisher told him that he loves the way he throws the ball, loves his footwork and wants him at Florida State.

Blackman is the second quarterback commitment in the class, joining Bailey Hockman. Our David Visser recently wrote as to why FSU was planning to take two quarterbacks in the cycle.

Blackman will have work to do in the weight room and in playing from the pocket, but he does possess some promising tools and playing for a QB guru in Jimbo Fisher was apparently too difficult to pass up. Former FSU stars Kelvin Benjamin and Greg Dent, among others, have also come from Glades Central in previous years and the area continues to be a hotbed for talent.

Advertisement
I'd take Perry and Weldon 10 times out of 10. No question about it.

yeah..if those two guys come in...it is kinda crazy how nice we are looking at quarterback..i mean of cousre, you never know with quaterbacks, but i am a fan of a lot of our guys.

Advertisement
I'd take Perry and Weldon 10 times out of 10. No question about it.

Honestly I would take Perry and Blackman over Perry and Weldon. Weldon has a lot to prove especially after not playing last year where Blackman was lights out and proved himself. Weldon has to work on not just relying on the deep ball. Not a big lost but I hate when kids like this go to other schools to potentially make other teams better whether its in practice or games. We need to get to a method where we are taking away potential starters for other teams and making our depth elite.

Advertisement
Kids a beast. Redshirting will do him wonders anyway. 3 years from now he'll make some noise. That being said we got some good qbs too. The rivalry games will only get stronger.

Advertisement
we can't take everyone. also, fwiw we don't have room for projects and what if's. we have possibly two excellent qb's in this class. cmr must load up on positions of need and develop depth across the board. not a take this cycle. bird in the hand

Advertisement
You guys are making a big to-do about nothing with this kid. The usual CIS whiny bull****.

If Jimbo Fisher landed Michael J Fox to play wideout and he was from south FL you guys would be ready to storm Greentree and string up the coaches.

Last edited:
You guys are making a big to-do about nothing with this kid. The usual CIS whiny bull****.

If Jimbo Fisher landed Michael J Fox to play wideout and he was from south FL you guys would be ready to storm Greentree and string up the coaches.

Michael J really knows how to shake off defenders on the line of scrimmage. Put the #88 Jersey on him and he can time travel past the safeties too.

Advertisement
Back